Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Time for some scripted landings!  (Read 774 times)

Knut Erik

Time for some scripted landings!
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 16:01:30 »
Okay. We all knows that when we put a loadWp Syncroniced with a GetinWp the chopper will get to a suitable landing place or just land on a "H"

My Qs:
Is it possible to make the chopper land on a "H" without using Wp's. (I wont use them because of Veteran players"

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Time for some scripted landings!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2003, 16:40:03 »
In general, you don't need waypoints for any AI group - everything a waypoint does can be replicated by script.   There are exceptions, for example I have no idea how you would do Seek and Destroy without a WP.    In your particular example all you need is a move command of some sort, and a land command.

However, I don't really understand your problem.    If the chopper is being flown by AI then waypoints are fine.    If it's being flown by a human then he'll land whereever he wants anyway, so waypoints or commands are irrelevant.

Can you tell us a bit more about the circumstances?

If you want the human to land the chopper in a particular place so that a squad can get in, there is no harm in using a waypoint.   The Cadet mode people will be fine.     All you need is a switch trigger to detect the presence of the player in the right area:  snychro it with the previous waypoint.    When the player arrives the trigger will switch into the correct waypoint and the squad of loons can get in.

No doubt there are other ways of doing it.  I'm sure some combination of assignAsCargo and orderGetIn would do the trick.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Knut Erik

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2003, 23:59:29 »
Can you tell us a bit more about the circumstances?
Of course  ;D

Here is how it goes! The player is at the resistance castle on Everon. A chopper is going to pick him up. If you use a GetInWp synced with a LoadWp the GetInWp must be triggered first  :(

So for those who play in Veteran mode it is a bit hard because they don't know where the Wp is.  :'(

Also, when the GetInWp is triggered, the chopper will search for the nearest Helipad and wait there untill the player is in.

I've tried several ways to do this in scripting:

Chopper domove getpos Helipad
@Unitready Chopper
Chopper flyInHeight 1

This does not work because the chopper doesn't stop over the Helipad. It don't stop in time!  :( So it flies a bit to long and at the same time 1 meter over the ground! It ends with a big BANG into the castle wall  >:( :'( :-\

Hopes this helpes a bit...

Flapje

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2003, 15:27:35 »
ehm, if this thing happens at the beginning of the mission you could try placing the get in wp over the player's head, so he activates it at start. if it isn't at the beginning, then I can't help you, I guess :(

Gameer_77

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 15:32:28 »
To make an AI land a chopper, use choppername land "land".

"land" (the second one) could also be "getin" or "getout".

Consult the Official Comref for more info ;D

Gameer

Knut Erik

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2003, 22:41:35 »
Doh  :tomato:
How could I have forgotten about the good old "land" command ?

Well.. It solved my problem.
Thanks to Gameer, Macguba and Flapje for helping me! You are the best  :-*

[shadow=Green,Right,10300]Topic solved and locked !  :D[/shadow]