Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New soldiers  (Read 1404 times)

Tubal

New soldiers
« on: 13 Apr 2003, 02:56:07 »
I'd really like to know how to make new troops. Nothing fancy, I just want to do some re-skins and change the loadout, maybe make some new squads too.
I can't seem to find any information on this even though there are lots of new units to downloads. Someone must know how to do it :)

/Tubal

STGN

Re:New soldiers
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2003, 11:29:53 »
Get hold of a simple .cpp(I presume you have a program like wordpad to alter in the .cpp), O2(to alter the model), the demo soldier models and a painting progam. Then you will have to find out what the texture names are and change them.
STGN

Tubal

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2003, 22:05:19 »
I've managed to create a soldier with a HKG3 and some grenades, the only problem is that he's got the standard skin and model.
Where do I get the demo models? Preferably models on the resistance side.(not from OFP: Resistance)

/Tubal

Tubal

« Reply #3 on: 13 Apr 2003, 22:40:53 »
Or if someone could point me to a list of the models in the game, I'd be really grateful. All the names are in polish or russian or something :)

/Tubal

Tubal

« Reply #4 on: 14 Apr 2003, 00:50:08 »
Oh yeah, and what program do I use to edit PAC-files? :)

/Tubal

major asshole

« Reply #5 on: 14 Apr 2003, 05:10:43 »
G'day

Models are found in the data3d.pbo file under DTA in your Flashpoint dir
You need de-pbo, or unpbo, or pbotool, etc to decompress the data3d file all of which can be found in the Editors Depot

Model names are in Czech and  a pretty decent online dictionary can be found here        http://www.slovnik.cz

Texview can be used to convert .paa .pac files to tga and then edited in your fave paint prog. This too can be found in the  Editors Depot

Also, soldier models have names like mc vojak**.p3d...resistance guys are mc vojakg2.p3d, mc vojakg3.p3d, mc vojakgo2.p3d

hope this helps

L8R

« Last Edit: 14 Apr 2003, 05:15:40 by major asshole »

Tubal

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2003, 02:24:28 »
Thanks, although I have to admit that I've managed to figure most of that out by now :)
It still helps to know what the models are called though, I had to skin a model I downloaded from ofpec's unit depot. I've even managed to script him into the game.

/Tubal