Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I need a kind of complicated script/trigger  (Read 499 times)

Nevres

I need a kind of complicated script/trigger
« on: 02 Apr 2003, 07:04:18 »
ok, this is the situation, im using snypr's support pack, what i want is this: whenever a chopper doing a CAS gets shot down, sometimes the pilot gets to eject and lands, the thing is that hes just there, alone, i want him to join my group if he is shot down so he can also extract and go home, i feel bad when i ask for some CAS to extract, then one chopper gets shot down and the pilot is left behind, so could someone do a little script or trigger that repeatedly checks inside its area if there is a western land unit (not an air unit) so that it joins my group? the tricky thing is that the chopper is created whenever i ask for the support

anyone, anyone, Bueller, Bueller? ;D
« Last Edit: 02 Apr 2003, 07:06:27 by Nevres »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:I need a kind of complicated script/trigger
« Reply #1 on: 02 Apr 2003, 12:07:10 »
Make a trigger that covers the relevant area.

Activation box:   West present

I can't even start to do the syntax for the on activation box (actually it might be better in a script) but what you want is somthing along these lines

? (_unit not in chopper1) and (_unit not in grp1):[_unit] join grp1 foreach _unit in thislist

As I say, this isn't even a command, its just a syntax jumble, but that's roughly what you want.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Nevres

« Reply #2 on: 02 Apr 2003, 17:38:02 »
thanks mcguba, i can always count with your quick response,  :D

the problem is that in snyper's support pack, whenever i request Close Air Support, the choppers are created, so they have no identity, they are not called chopper1 or  anything, what i was thinking was some trigger with the condition that any west solidier (not choppers or tanks, soldiers) that is not in my group, joins inmediately, what do you think?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 02 Apr 2003, 18:01:46 »
I think .... I think there is a way of distinguishing between ground and air units ....... its something to do with Cfg bin entries .... maybe.   Ouch, my brain hurts ..... but yeah, quick response don't count for much if I don't know the answer  ;D :(

Read through the command ref, see if you can spot any commands that might help.   It's amazing how many problems you can solve that way.

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play