Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airports in OFP / OFPR  (Read 1228 times)

irishranger

Airports in OFP / OFPR
« on: 26 Mar 2003, 14:21:43 »
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to create a working airport in OFP? I have downloaded several good islands but when I try to get planes to land using the land"land" command, the planes either head off out to sea and attempt landing in the water, or on some islands  the planes crash trying to land in forests etc, anywhere but where the airport actually is. All works ok with the shipped islands and the odd user created one. I like to have planes taking off on a mission then returning to re-fuel re-arm etc(if not blasted out of the sky by akak).
Ive noticed that some custom made islands have two airports and I have tried getting planes to take off at one and land on another. This does not work. Does anybody know a way around this problem?

Thanks in advance.

IrishRanger :-\

Offline Gielovic

• Contributing Member
Re:Airports in OFP / OFPR
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2003, 14:28:19 »
I think you have to set it in your Config.cpp, but I don't know for sure

irishranger

« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2003, 14:40:14 »
Hi man, Do you know how I access the config.cpp file? Its a pity about the airports not working on some downloaded islands. I spent a lot of time looking on line for the ideal island for my missions, and when i find it, 9 times out of 10 the airport doesnt work.

Appreciate any solutions.

IrishRanger.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2003, 15:16:53 »
you just open the cpp in notepad. And you can only have 1 airport working on an island. I dunno what you got to write to get it to work though.

Garcia

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 26 Mar 2003, 16:15:00 »
The functional airport code is the ILS part in the cpp. There can only be one airport per map that the AI will use to land and take off on.

There are some tutorials on how to code a functional runway (by Marksman I think). Basically what you need to do is set the points on the runway that the AI will use to land, takeoff and taxi.

Feel free to look at the cpp for the Ia Drang Island that I did for the Nam Pack 2 as an example of a functional runway (the one to the South East)

SelectThsi

irishranger2

« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2003, 09:22:43 »
Thanks for the reply guys. Yeah , will try your suggestion Select. Let you know if I can get it going.

I.R.

Waterman

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2003, 11:37:16 »
Here is a airport tutorial I have had on my hard disk for a good while now... I have attached it.  I think it's made by Marksman or someone but cannot remember for sure. Try it out... :)

Hope it helps,
Waterman. :)