Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Why can't I copy and paste my resolution LOd to the view Lod?  (Read 902 times)

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

Hi guyz.  Why can't I just copy and paste the resolution LOD to the view and fire LOD?? These models just totally pisses me off when I use it in game.  I'm making many natural objects for my Afghanistan and huge rocks and buildings are few of them.  I make a resolution LOD for them and just copy and paste it to the view and fire LOD so AI's will not be able to see through the object and will not be able to fire through it.  But when I try it ingame, AI's completely sees through my object and could shoot also...... The hard part of modeling is not the resolution Lod, nor texturing,,, it is the view and the fire lod since I have to make them out of bunch of cubes....... and I'm getting sick.  Also, some models, it only stops bullets partially, like one face of the object will stop bullets but the other side will not.  I also have this invisible wall that makes me stuck ingame when I'm playing.  Some body help me~~~~~~~~!!! :noo: :noo: :noo: :noo:

DeadMeatXM2

Re:Why can't I copy and paste my resolution LOd to the view Lod?
« Reply #1 on: 07 Mar 2003, 11:22:11 »
hey cat... the problem is, is that the OFP engine cannot handle anything but convex shapes in these lods... thats why it will only partially work if you have non-convexities...

Its a pain in the ass i know, but you have to build the fire and geometry lods out of entirely convex objects...

to help you along the way, BIS included the "find non-convexities" feature to O2, just look under "Structure" at the top, then go down to convexity, there you will find you're helping hand

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #2 on: 08 Mar 2003, 00:25:35 »
hi deadmeat thanks for the reaply  I tried it out and it worked!! Great thanks!  But do you know anything about the invisible wall?  

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2003, 13:32:28 »
yeah... as soon as you remove ALL non-convex sahpes, as well as any open shapes, the invisable wall will dissapear...

It is simply due to the fact that the game engine cannot properly process the geometry, and it places itds own geometry in the game for you... this means that there will be bits of the geometry everywhere,... and will cause you to get stuck...