Author Topic: Recoil  (Read 977 times)

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Recoil
« on: 24 Feb 2003, 20:01:57 »
Starters:

Ok I created a naval gun cpp based on a tanks cpp and also based the ammo on the 120mm ammo and gun.

I now only have a gunner in the gun.....

And I also changed the recoil to type empty..

How do I stop the recoil cos this last dont work, and the AI wont shoot at anything when it mans the gun...

The recoil wouldn't be too bad except when put on the ship it eventually falls off the side as it moves every time it fires.  This gun btw is a 114mm so using a 'cannon' is going to make it look quite poor.

The gun is not being attached to the ship for various reasons and the solution of this problem will hopefully sort out a few other problems I have had.

CBF Shipbuilding

Offline Dinger

• Contributing Member
  • where's the ultra-theoretical mega-scripting forum
Re:Recoil
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2003, 20:36:59 »
Dunno.
If you can't get it to work, you can always do an EH workaround.
in the CPP, put a "fired" eventhandler that launches a script to stabilize the gun (=if the gun is going to be relative to the ship, you can do a nearestobject to find the ship and getdir for heading, and keep the relative position).
If we're talking about something that's going to be used like naval artillery, the AI not firing automatically may be a blessing.   You could write your own fire control system.
Dinger/Cfit

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
Re:Recoil
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2003, 20:57:16 »
YYYIIIPPPPEEEEEEEEE

I fixed the gun.

Remembered a trials weapon I did last November and wondered if it had recoil, turned out not.

I had used recoil effect 'LAWSingle', not sure if that alone did it, but it works, sorry to have asked.

(Pity I spent last 2 days scratching my head about this to find I had done the same in the past, and solved it).

Also dinger you have some good ideas thier, I may investigates some further.

Btw the guns is the 4.5inch Mk 8 used on Royal Navy Warships from theh later 70's, only now being replaced by a more blocky version (easier to model in ofp thankfully, present one has over 1000 polys and it could have been much worse)

Oh heres a piccy btw

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2003, 21:05:00 by CBFASI »
CBF Shipbuilding