Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help  (Read 1052 times)

Endless

Help
« on: 17 Feb 2003, 09:06:23 »
Hi im trying to make a round thing how would i do it with out the Clyinders or circles. Like put the verts then copy and paste them then move them over and face them together but that makes it a square. how do i make it round? and not square and pointy edged

BraTTy

Re:Help
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2003, 10:38:26 »
Make a "Sphere"  use about 10 segments X and Y for an ok looking ball

Endless

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2003, 15:35:55 »
im not trying to make a complete circle just like when u put verts around a handle of a picture then u copy paste it move it over and face it up its all pointy and looks like dirt

Handles are rounded on the sides

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2003, 20:39:58 »
Not really sure what you are on about but....

Whatever the profile of your shape is, in say left window make it our of vertexes in the same plane.

Then select all your vertexes and move them with SHFT + RIght click a small amount.

Then go to the top window and rotate your new vertexes the desired amount. Repeat until you have the shape you require.

If you want to create a non regular shape then you are stuck moving individual vertexes from a standard shape.

OR

Select the vertexes/ faces you have made and press I to make the surfaces smooth, this will make your shape less blockly.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore