Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ROAD MAKER RELEASED!!!!!  (Read 5976 times)

Paralytic

Re:ROAD MAKER RELEASED!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: 21 Feb 2003, 10:32:54 »
Wow! Does the loops go even close to the drawn line or did you have to change your algorithm so that it lets the roads overleap a little (as does the original roads in OFP)? Did you increase the resolution in the road editing screen?

And.. Is the angle checking done automatically in this version or does the user still have to type the starting angle manually?
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2003, 10:38:08 by Paralytic »

CupidMoon

« Reply #16 on: 23 Feb 2003, 11:55:35 »
Yeah, I did little overlapped. but for only loop.
and, for road placing, yes, I made another algorithms...

And initial angle... it's a good point, Thank you, I wouldn't think about it.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #17 on: 23 Feb 2003, 16:47:39 »
hmm, i found a little bug...when i use it to place forest the trees is placed at 36000m height....

Garcia

CupidMoon

« Reply #18 on: 23 Feb 2003, 18:51:44 »
Yes, indeed, it is. but, In a game, You can see the forest sitting tight on the ground....

cause I have no data for height conversion, wrp unit-metric unit, so I had no choice but follow doctowrp.doc's suggestion.

Offline Phaeden

• Members
  • There's plenty of time to sleep when you're dead.
« Reply #19 on: 26 Feb 2003, 01:59:53 »
I just wanted to thank you for creating this program.  While it is not "ideal," it suits my needs much better than click and place each item.  Thanks a million.  It is much easier to control-delete any extra items that are created than place a million new ones.

For those that have questions about the "small" size of the view window and the difficulty in seeing their maps - I use a cheat to get around this - I use the Windows < Accessories < Magnifier tool.  This way, I see exactly what I need to at the top of my screen.  It seems to work pretty nicely.  

Regarding the program, is there a direct way to place Res objects?  The way I do it know is add a bush in your program and then replace it with a Res object in WrpEdit.

Lastly, is there a way to create straighter roads?  As they are, they are just slightly too curvy.  I am not complaining, I am just wondering if there is another way.

Again, thanks for providing this excellent tool!

Semper Click Click Click
Semper Fi

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #20 on: 26 Feb 2003, 03:51:50 »
I created my island entirely from WrpEdit, so there isnt a image file of it...how can i get an image te correct size to put into this road maker program....OR is there a way i can get around this?

CupidMoon

« Reply #21 on: 26 Feb 2003, 07:54:19 »
is there a way to create straighter roads?
in version 1.01, It can be more straighter.. I changed road placing algoritm.

it will released in next week, i think, with some new features. And you can see what they are, in this post.

Nasty Buttler,  try screen capture...

Zoom out your island to minimun size in wrpedit. then, its size will be 256*256.
« Last Edit: 26 Feb 2003, 08:06:32 by CupidMoon »

zippy

« Reply #22 on: 28 Feb 2003, 18:09:13 »
Cupid You rock house man......really

zippy

Nasty Buttler

« Reply #23 on: 03 Mar 2003, 23:37:22 »
hey mate, wheres the new version we have been waiting for...im DIEING FOR IT!!!

also u need to make removing road alittle easier, when i remove road and then add another road when i go to put it into the wrp its got both in it....any chance u can fix it??
also is there a way u can line up bridges with road segments...cause its giving me the total shits.....would it be possible to up the resolution of the mask to something like 2048x2048...cause i was thinking of actually taking screen captures of the map in the editor.....wih testures etc....that way i could line it up perfectly with bridges and other things....or even better is somehow intergrating it into WRPEDIT  .......no pressure mate...lol.....j/k....keep up the good work, hope to see the new version soon  :D

Offline Phaeden

• Members
« Reply #24 on: 04 Mar 2003, 00:37:58 »
First off I wanted to say, again, great job!

Next, I had a recommendation (not just for this tool but any that allows placement (random) of objects:

Would it be possible to introduce a variable that randomly changes the direction of the object.  For instance, if I use a particular type of tree they are all facing exactly the same way (0 degrees).  With a "randomizer" they would automatically be facing different directions, thus adding to the realism.  I am not sure if this is possible, but it would help.

Last, I wanted to that I went back and redrew some road segments and it seems that the shorter the distances involved (still using several points), the straighter the roads.  It is the long roads that begin to swerve dramatically.

This tool has helped save me countless hours.  In my last map, I spent weeks just placing roads in what your tool takes maybe 45 minutes (from nothing to final touches).  Fantastic!
Semper Fi

CupidMoon

« Reply #25 on: 04 Mar 2003, 11:26:02 »
hey mate, wheres the new version we have been waiting for...im DIEING FOR IT!!!

Sorry for that, I, currently, have some coordinate problem with LOOP. It works different than I think.....I thought, I could solve in a short time, but... it takes too much... ^^

And phaeden, all of your recommendations is implemeted in a new version.

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #26 on: 04 Mar 2003, 17:21:00 »
btw, u should make it possible to conect both ends of the road to another road...dunno for sure, but i think it ain't possible in the version that's out now...

Garcia

Offline Phaeden

• Members
« Reply #27 on: 08 Mar 2003, 01:38:55 »
Any news??
Semper Fi

bL4S

« Reply #28 on: 12 Mar 2003, 11:27:16 »
CupidMoon your Roadmaker tool is really AWESOME!
My only problem is the size of the mask, its too small
for really accurate road placing (like some others have mentioned earlier).  

But its already now a must tool for mapmakers in my opinion.

Any news on the new version?

Offline SickSidewinder

• Members
  • I hump llamas
    • My New Site
« Reply #29 on: 13 Mar 2003, 22:05:51 »
maybe im retarded.  But i dont think so.  the readme is kinda hard to understand.  In other workds, i'm not sure how to use it.  i know i cant get one of u to come and speak it to me, but maybe you can put out a better tute for using it
My site
call Marge.
Re: Horror