Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ok WhATS THE SECRET???  (Read 3188 times)

senator

ok WhATS THE SECRET???
« on: 30 Jan 2003, 02:01:25 »
Why when I decompress a Addon PBO, edit it and restuff it, it is quite larger then it was and then it does not work.   WHAT did the creators do or use that I can't replicate. I know it is a secret, please to tell :D :D or else :gunman:
Senator

Tamerch

Re:ok WhATS THE SECRET???
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2003, 08:33:42 »
look at the PBOcompressor properties...

u can compress all the files of type:
.ogg
.p3d
.bin
.sqm & .sqs
.wss
.rtm
.jpg
.pac
.paa
.cpp

so if you keep some .tga (textures) or .wav (sounds) or any other type of file, they wont be compress and your PBO file will be larger than the original one ....

may the war be with u

senator

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2003, 15:46:53 »
That still does not answer the question.  The only file I change is the .Bin, and that by only a very few add in lines.  My point is that the pro's have a better compressor tool then available online.  or they use a different method.  ???  Someone out there knows but because they don;t want people messing with thier work and won't tell.  Like the guy who made the OFP manager.  He never finished it, it would have been a great product but he never finished it.  And where is he???  No where on the web that I can find. :'(
Still need help :-[
Senator

DeLiltMon

« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2003, 16:25:54 »
It's probably Binarized, you can get it from the same page on www.flashpoint1985.com that you get Oxygen from, I think that reduces the size of the pbo as well as encrypting the addon

Eviscerator

« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2003, 16:50:14 »
if you have makepbo and unpbo then you should have the same results, there is no secret pbo compressor :)

senator

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2003, 18:02:10 »
Well, I did not make the PBO someone else did.  This BIonized thing sounds like this could be the secret, I'll give it a try 8)
Senator

Eviscerator

« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2003, 18:58:03 »
it wont be, when you depbo them they stay binarized...once the addon maker binarizes them they stay that way, its something to do with your pbo packer

Kaliyuga

« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2003, 19:05:26 »
"when I decompress SOMEONE ELSE'S  Addon PBO, edit it and restuff it, it is quite larger then it was and then it does not work."

Sounds real cool to me .. especially the "then it does not work" part
When you figure it out I'd like to know also, so I can do it to all the addons i release ;)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2003, 19:09:58 »
tsk tsk Kali - we r shareware community :P remember dat ;D

also i can open binarized addons wid da OFPManager :P

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Eviscerator

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2003, 19:25:11 »

also i can open binarized addons wid da OFPManager :P

LCD OUT

i meant the P3d's

senator

« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2003, 20:04:18 »
I am going to lay it out for you all so you can help me. ;)  I am trying to modify the comanche helocopter made by DKMM. the file is  DKMM_RAH66.  All I want to modify is the config.BIN  When I use ofpmanager it won't open it.  Size problebly.  So I use unpbo to uncampress it.  if I do nothing to the files and just recompress it with MAKEPBO and put it into the addon file it does not work.  When I put the original in it works.  So, it must be either two things.  One I do not understan "Bianized" ???. or two the DKMM people use a different PBO tool then I use.  Someone who knows please HELP :-[
Senator

senator

« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2003, 20:46:14 »
I think I have got it!!!!! ;D ;D :D:hitonhead:
senator

senator

« Reply #12 on: 30 Jan 2003, 22:41:17 »
 :-XI have narrowed it down to the Config.bin file.  I have tried to edit it with Hex edit tools, ofpManager cutting and pasting and the cpp to bin ing it,  and no matter what if I mess with the bin file it does not work. :'(  All I am changing is a few specs, with numbers I know that work in other addons.  Does any one have any more clues for me :-\
Senator

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #13 on: 31 Jan 2003, 13:15:16 »
if ofpmanager dont translate it, then you will have to write a whole new cpp... there are no other tools that will convert the bin to cpp

STGN

« Reply #14 on: 31 Jan 2003, 14:59:26 »
Thats right  :P :P :P  :(
if ofpmanager dont translate it, then you will have to write a whole new cpp... there are no other tools that will convert the bin to cpp[/s]
Thats not true pbo decrypter 1.3 can also convert .bin to .cpp.
But I dont think it will worke bacause I have tried the same thing whit the C7 rifle pack. :-\
STGN