Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Textview , corrupted filles??  (Read 1261 times)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
Textview , corrupted filles??
« on: 22 Jan 2003, 20:06:59 »
Hi all.
 I got a problem with texturing. The problem is that when I try to open a fille with textview I get a 1x1 square window on top of the main space of the progrsam.
 This problem is been adressed before to this forums, I know cos I founded it through the search facility, and this is a copy of what it says:

Problems with Texview
If you're having probs with texview showing only a small rectangle.
Credits: SelectThis
Updated: 2002-04-18 16:56:01
Difficulty: Beginner
Q. How do I get BIS's Texview to display .paa or .pac files? I have DePBO'ed several vehicle files, but when I open the .paa or .pac files in Texview all I get is a small rectangular box in the upper left hand corner.

A. If all you get in texview is a 1x1 box in the top left corner then that means the texture you are looking at has been corupted by the depbo/decrypting process. This only happens with some of the BIS addons.

You need to either hexedit the texture to fix it (use the p3d as a guide to what hex bits are missing) or look for files that someone has already fixed and made available for other users.

FlipeR has hexedited alot of the nasty ones, and when the Addon Depot is back you can download them from there.
the problem is that I don't know how to hexedit something or where to find FlipeRs hexedited ones.
 Any help will be rader apreciated cos I had this problem for a while and is stoping me from texturing some really nice addons. ;D :o
Thanks for reading this.
Later.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!

BlinkDog

Re:Textview , corrupted filles??
« Reply #1 on: 22 Jan 2003, 21:41:42 »
I'm not 100% sure about the reason why it would do that but try converting to bitmap or Targa then see what shows up in photoshop. it could have something to do with the attributes ie, not a RGB image maybe grayscale.

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #2 on: 22 Jan 2003, 23:17:14 »
that would be allright if I could view it in textview, ;Dlol.
 Basicly, the problem is that I can't view them in text view, so I'm stocked in that step.
 But thanks for the suggestion Blink Dog.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!

BlinkDog

« Reply #3 on: 22 Jan 2003, 23:30:11 »
It could also be that the file size is not like 128x128, 256x256 etc. Maybe odd file sizes cannot be viewed.

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2003, 00:03:43 »
I'm following EJ WILLs texturing tutorial, trying to get my first texture project. The thing is that the modell I opening is the same one that everyone opens for the first time if they follow the same tutorial as me. so in theory it should work.
 As the quote say at the top, I'm not the only one with this problem, all I would like to know is how to hexedit the textures to fix it or find FlipeRs fixed textures, but I don't even know where to find this fixed textures.
thanks.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!