Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: o2 and GOTY. (Ehm, is this action blah blah....)  (Read 3491 times)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
o2 and GOTY. (Ehm, is this action blah blah....)
« on: 09 Jan 2003, 21:47:47 »
Well, this topic is really from the addons:general board in "Armstrongs newbie Qs", but I thought since itÂ's about o2, I thought it might be better here, and if you think I only should post in one forum, plz report this to a MOD:

Grrrr! I hate BIS! IÂ'm testing an oxygen turtorial, and when I was fixing o2 to work right I freezed of unhappiness when I saw this qoute:

Now its time to start o2. Start the main program  (thats "Objektiv2Light.exe" now in your C:\ofpedit\o2program folder). The viewer automatically starts with the program (if you have the original (not resisance) Operation Flashpoint CD in a CDROM drive, that is. Else you will get an error message telling you to put it in. You cant use the viewer without an original OFP CD).

(ey! Take it easy! IÂ've got the original, let me explain).

You c, IÂ've got the GOTY edition, and thats not the original edition, itÂ's a different (when you buy the box you think, ah great 3 CDs! But it ainÂ't Res, Red ham and the original, itÂ's a file disc for the install, a play disc and a soundtrack for play in each CD-player.).

Anyway, I thought, What the heck, I didnÂ't think BIS was so stupid that they didnÂ't make the program run with GOTY edition, but I was wrong, and now IÂ'm f*cked. If I canÂ't make an 3d file, how can I advance in my addon editing skills?

Anyone who got the GOTY edition and know how to solve this? Or do anyone have any other clue? Should I contact some kind of techincal support from BIS or codemasters?
« Last Edit: 20 Jan 2003, 15:52:33 by The real Armstrong »

Kaliyuga

I have never used the viewer....  ::)  
 and I've got plenty of addons in the works ;)
sooo.... you can make do without it....  

but that is a good point about the GOTY edition... probably something they didn't think about beforehand .. ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
but that is a good point about the GOTY edition... probably something they didn't think about beforehand .. ;)

Perhaps they put out some kind of patch for the GOTY edition, but I have to contact them then, I think.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
Im afraid there is no one to contact. The agreement with O2 clearly states that there will be no support from BIS in any way.

Mind you I would be surprised if this issue wasn't addressed sooner rather than later.

There have been a few posts in the BIS forum (flashpoint1985.com) about this so they will be aware of the issue.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
IÂ've been writing a letter to send to them after my dadÂ's comes home, I want to check the spelling errors ya know. ;)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
They should at least put out a patch to make it work.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Ok, now IÂ've sent a mail, want to do you think?

Hello, and thank you for making such a great game, one of the best! No wait! It IS the best!

Since youÂ've also created Oxygen and IÂ'm starting to learn myself addon editing, IÂ've been in a small trouble, and IÂ've seen others in the same. This is no, "how do you make a face?" question, read more, and I think youÂ'll know what I mean.

I and many others have bought the GOTY pack, but when we become more and more intrested in this great game and itÂ's opportunities, I and many others have downloaded "oxygen lite". The problem is that you need the original CD, and the GOTY CD doesnÂ't work, can you please make some kind of new edition or at least a patch to solve this problem? I really admire your work and want to explore all the opportunities, please, donÂ't take this away from me and all others! A GOTY edition should be better than the original, please, youÂ've to show all GOTY owners out there that it IS better.

Please, make a patch.

/Lucas "A GOTY owner" Nilsson

Thorne

I never need ofp cd (of anykind) to use o2/bulldozer. That is
weird
indeed.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
I never need ofp cd (of anykind) to use o2/bulldozer. That is
weird
indeed.

Ehm, not to be rude of any kind, but do you have a non-cracked OFP/o2?

PiNs_Da_Smoka

Hmm.....what don't you understand about "NO SUPPORT"? This means, that they will more then likely NOT give you a fix/patch for this. If it doesn't work, then tough titties. I am positive they have much better things to do then patch something they already warned that no support would be given.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:ehm? Is this action right? If it ain´t, lock this topic plz.
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jan 2003, 12:15:44 »
but you can always hope right? ItÂ's childs play for a pro programmer to put out some sort of patch to make it work for GOTY, right? If I were a programmer at BIS, I would have done it.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #11 on: 18 Jan 2003, 23:25:35 »
No support, eh? Why did I get a new version that worked then when I wrote to them? :D

Anyway, IÂ've a new problem, now with the program itself. The viewer seem to work fine, too fine, for every time I start o2 light the viewer will start and I canÂ't get out of it! Anyone know what I must do? Plz help.

Thx in advance.

Offline ScouseJedi

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 18 Jan 2003, 23:55:05 »
when you set the options in FILE -> OPTIONS

c:\buldozer.exe -noland -dx

add -window

This will load up O2 and the Viewer but will leave you space to click off the viewer with the mouse.

The viewer loads automatically on top of O2 so you will see it every time you start O2

If Viewer is 100% of screen you can use

-x=500 -y=500 or whatever numbers you desire.
'The truth is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.'
Albus Dumbledore

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jan 2003, 11:38:38 »
Ok, but that leaves me to another problem.

When I start the program a window appears telling me that the program has did an illegal action, and are there for closing, but I sit there with an open mouth and a bulldozer with no use! IÂ've tried install the program in some other direction, but it doesnÂ't help!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jan 2003, 15:51:37 »
Ok, IÂ've changed the name now.