Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapons Sights and Sounds  (Read 6689 times)

earl_laamanen

Weapons Sights and Sounds
« on: 18 Dec 2002, 22:41:36 »
Do sounds have to be in WSS format to work in OFP?  What are the numbers after the sound file in the config.cpp?

Next, how do I make custom optics for my ACOG for the in-game aiming view?
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2002, 19:49:02 by Skaven »

Skaven

Re:basic weapon addon q's (optics&sound)
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2002, 22:56:03 »
Sounds don't have to be in wss, they can be be .ogg file or .wav file but saved with 44.100 kHz and 16 bit Mono maximum, always Mono.

The numbers? this numbers??
sound[]={"\addon\folder(optional)\soundfile.wav",db0,1};

it means dolby 0.1=volume you can increase or decrease the numbers to make your sound higher or lower.was this what you ment  ???

Custom optics, well try looking into one addon already done that uses custom optics and than check the optic files,they are done editing Alpha Channels.  ;)

earl_laamanen

« Reply #2 on: 19 Dec 2002, 06:53:45 »
Ok, I've got sounds figured out then, but about those optics...

I have no trouble working with alpha channels for the optic image, my problem is with the p3d model for optics -- what the heck!

I grabbed a model that said it had custom optics (it happened to be your FILOm24 / Remington 700 addon!!!).  I extracted it and found that the pbo file is just some crazy little squares in the middle of nowhere.

I couldn't open the optika_mildot p3d for some reason, and the optika_kolzice p3d probably won't work because I don't think it can cover the entire screen (which I need to do for my ACOG).

I guess I can figure it out, I was just hoping someone had already explained it in a tutorial somewhere.

Skaven

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2002, 11:05:54 »
earl, please make a tutorial about this, you surely have some great information in here, and there is always people looking for information about how to make custom sights  ;)

I'm making this topic "Sticky" for some time, thanks for your help and authorisation earl, and please make that tutorial  ;)
« Last Edit: 20 Dec 2002, 19:47:57 by Skaven »

earl_laamanen

Re:Weapons Sights and Sounds
« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2002, 07:33:55 »
I deleted my last post that had the partial tutorial writeup because it was all wrong!  I was doing things the stubborn way instead of paying attention to how Photoshop 7 is setup to handle image transparency.

The new tutorial is up at Baconbomb Modworks - http://www.baconbomb.com/modworks - In the new Tutorials section.

Here's the final product for my own ACOG scope:

Lucknow

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2002, 14:38:54 »
earl, a quick word of thanks for writing that custom scope tutorial which I've just checked out on your site, very useful and clear.

Also that's a magnificent ACOG scope you've done! planning any others?
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2002, 14:41:00 by Lucknow »

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2002, 14:53:20 »
indeed, thanks earl you Rock Mate  :thumbsup:

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2002, 20:41:37 »
Hmmm, looks nice Earl.

But, on you acog, could you make black around it? Because it looks odd, because the area around it is also zoomed...
« Last Edit: 22 Dec 2002, 20:42:40 by CrunchyFrog »

Zack

« Reply #8 on: 26 Dec 2002, 02:57:48 »
thx, i know this will help me a lot.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #9 on: 09 Feb 2003, 12:32:23 »
As i'm very bored right now I just had to "nag" about this minor thing...

The "db" in the config does not stand for "dolby" (it just comes from the name of the  noise reduction/surround sound developer Dolby Laboratories...), it stands for "desibel" which is, as all of you know, the measurement value for sound volume... 8)

Or if I'm wrong (as usual) just f**ng shoot me :-X
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

RP

« Reply #10 on: 20 Feb 2003, 06:19:37 »
That's right Hate, db stands for decibel, no need to shoot ya! hehe...

Vyper

« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2003, 01:14:55 »
Awww please, can we just shoot him in the knees or somin?

*trigger finger twitches and demented look crosses eyes*

ok that was pointless?

Vyper

VASFStalker

« Reply #12 on: 15 Jun 2003, 06:29:09 »
I just want to say that that scope is awsome looking. Okay, I'll shut up now.

Offline paelleon

• Members
Re:Weapons Sounds
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2003, 18:15:34 »
Hi, I'm not very good in addon creation, but I noted that weapons' sounds are "linked" to their magazine. Isn't this stupid? I agree that different weapons have different sounds, but that's because of the weapon itself, not their magazine or ammos! ???
I see that all weapon creators add a different type of ammo for their guns (ES: AWP - AWpmag, otwM240mg - otwM240mag) in order to link the sound to the new weapon, but all guys forgot that all modern western weapons use the same type of ammos (7.62mm NATO or SS109 belgian 5.56mm round). Moreover, ALL WEST WEAPONS  HAVE COMPATIBLE MAGAZINES! So it is possible for an M16 to use the G36 clip or the AUG to use the AR70/90 magazine or the FN-FAL to use the G3 one and the M60 can use FN-MAG (M240) belts. :toocool:
I'm saying this because I tried to add this compatibility to various addons by adding "M16" to the available magazines for the weapon in the CPP file, but the weapon sound changed to the OFP default M16 one.
To make thing worse, even the fire modes changed to the OFP M16A2 "single" and "burst", so I cannot create a weapon that can use the M16 clip and fire in "full auto" like the real G36. >:(
Is there a way to solve the problem?
Thank you very much.

Skaven

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2003, 19:02:58 »
Unfortunately NO  :-\
Only if you define new G36,AUG and M16 Mags and than have them all firing with one sound only, however with BIS mags that will always happen.  :-\
« Last Edit: 20 Jul 2003, 01:38:42 by Skaven »