Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: got a few problems  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
got a few problems
« on: 15 Dec 2002, 15:58:46 »
oki, i just decided to learn how to use O2, and i'm trying to make a big building, but i got a problem. I'm using SFGs tutorial on how to make buildings, and the he makes first a RES lod, then a GEO lod...I've done that, but when it comes to the part were he uses the "easy" way of making the game think the faces is walls, were u have to go to structure>topology>Find componants and then Structure>Convexity>Component Convex Hull...
anyway, when i does the last thing, O2 crash and i have to quit it...so is there a way of doing this another way?

and 1 more thing, when i go into buldozer it says that it can't find a addon, but it works fine, but it's like night in OFP, so it's very difficult to see the model i'm making....

Garcia

SFG

Re:got a few problems
« Reply #1 on: 16 Dec 2002, 01:31:03 »
For the buldozer problems look at my buldozer tut you have to edit something, about the convex thing make sure your geo lod is very simple! only blocks dont make it to complicated or it will crash. And it does take a long time to convex at times.

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 16 Dec 2002, 17:04:15 »
umm, when u make a box or something, and that segment thing, it seems to crash when i got lot of those(the segments ;D)
but i wana make a ruin, like a big house with lots of holes in the walls, so i need to have many segments :-\
i've tryed to take one wall at the time and make the geo lod and stuff, but it crashes then too...so is there a way to add segments or something after i've done the RES and GEO lod and all that ;D? and of course, i hope i don't need to do it again when i add more ;D

Garcia

SFG

« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2002, 00:20:04 »
Dont use segmented boxes! No use for them just use square boxes and put them around walls and stuff like that dont use too many polys. If it still doesnt work send it to me.

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2002, 16:45:22 »
ok, so i should just use boxes without segments...and place lots of boxes instead...

hmm, i'll try that

Garcia

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 17 Dec 2002, 17:55:37 »
ok. i had another look at your tutorial about how to setup Buldozer, and i got it to work :D

anyway. i'll update u on how it's going when i get time to work in O2, and tell u if it works nice, or if i still got problems

Garcia

Offline Garcia

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 17 Dec 2002, 21:17:08 »
hmm, oki, now i've worked a bit in O2, and it seems to work :D

Thanks SFG

Garcia