Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need BIN format specs  (Read 927 times)

Rubble_Maker

Need BIN format specs
« on: 12 Dec 2002, 15:05:25 »
Hi

I'm desperately looking for the .BIN format specifications; I need to know the file structure/compression method for a addon installer I'm going to write.

Greatly appreciate any suggestions/infos; please e-mail me:

Rubble_Maker@gmx.net

Rubble_Maker

Re:Need BIN format specs
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2002, 10:44:12 »
Ok, well a bunch of guys already knows how this format works but they won't give away their fuckin lil secret... so I gotta find it out myself... what a poor community.

This is what I know so far:

Each BIN file starts with a 8-bytes header. Then follows a list of zero-terminated strings which contain the names of each class in the .cpp file. Within each class there're further zero-terminated strings for each parameter, followed by 4-bytes values (prolly float, but so far I failed to load them properly, maybe they have MSB/LSB swapped) encoding the value of each parameter. There's NO COMPRESSION at all, so hacking this file format should be pretty straight forward.

I'm going to write a patch tool in VC++/VB which allows addon makers to patch both the ADDON folder and resource.bin so they can add custom dialogs, texts, pictures and effects to their creations. brbseb is working on a RAH-66 Comanche and I made a working cockpit MFD with functional menues, buttons 'n stuff for it, thats what I need it for.