Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Weapons/Ammo In Vehicle Cargo Space  (Read 498 times)

Kaja

Weapons/Ammo In Vehicle Cargo Space
« on: 11 Dec 2002, 23:17:29 »
I have been trying to write a script to get a listing of weapons and magazines in the cargo space of a vehicle. However, the "weapon" and "magazines" commands don't seem to work on vehicles.

Anybody know where the weapons and ammo placed into the cargo space of a vehicle are stored? (e.g. by the add*cargo commands, or the "put * to vehicle" in the action menu)

Thanks in advance.

demon of evil

Re:Weapons/Ammo In Vehicle Cargo Space
« Reply #1 on: 26 Jan 2003, 19:17:59 »
yo dude

put this in the init field of the vehicle:

addweaponcargo "m16" (you van do every weapon you want, just fine a weapon name list)

2nd option is this:

put this in the init field of the car:

[this] exec "weapons.sqs" (or whatever weaponscript you made)

tip: use chris ofp editor to make fast and good weapon and ammo crate script

bye

Kaja

Re:Weapons/Ammo In Vehicle Cargo Space
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jan 2003, 00:00:13 »
Hello,
My problem isn't getting a weapon or magazine into the cargo space of a vehicle, it's getting an array of the weapons and ammo in the cargo space of a vehicle out for use in a script.

In OFP:R you can use the action menu to place some of your weapons or ammo into the cargo space of most vehicles, but there doesn't seem to be a way to get a list of that stuff. Using the "weapons" and "magazines" commands didn't work for me because both commands returned a list of the weapons/ammo that the vehicle itself was armed with, not what it had in the cargo space.

The only way I can figure to get a list is through the WeaponPool, which I have experimented, but had no success with. I am unsure if the game will allow you to use the WeaponPool in "real time" to access the lists of weapons/ammo in vehicle cargo areas during a single mission,  or only as advertised to move unit and cargo states across missions.