Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How do you edit the stock Units?  (Read 1298 times)

MHSJROTCCADET

How do you edit the stock Units?
« on: 11 Dec 2002, 09:18:08 »
A few months ago I asked how to edit the original addons, sadly personal developments didn't allow me to read that thread after I made it, and was wondering if someone could tell me how I can edit the original addons (AKA make the M-16 Full auto, bigger mag, etc) Thank you for your help!

I understand that there is now a way to do without crashing the game, and supposedly many of the bigger names have done so?

Again very sorry to ask.

Baphomet

Re:How do you edit the stock Units?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Dec 2002, 05:02:33 »
Chances are people gave your post the same scapegoat reply as they did in mine. "Cheaters this, cheaters that". You see, the way OFP is made, if you create a .cpp file that edits the regular units/weapons/etc. Then it will simply override those attributes for your copy of OFP only (or so I'm told). So if you join an MP game with your tricked out m16 that fires 50 bazillion rounds per minute doing eight million points of damage and a dispersion of 0.01 Chances are you'll kill everything in sight (and lag up the game). Why someone would cheat. I'm not sure. Save for perhaps a small group of small-minded losers who take the game too seriously.

I'd personally like to know how they made it so that the dynamic range addon now informs others that someone is using a modified config. That'd fix the problem right there. All I really want to do is change the flare launcher so that one flare "magazine" doesn't just contain one flare. I don't want to have to make a new addon when fixing the existing one is easier. So to speak. Then there's the whole idea of modifying "throw" to allow for things such as the satchel charge. Or the gimbal's tossers weapons.

MHSJROTCCADET

« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2002, 05:17:16 »
well I'm on a 56k so I have no intention of going online, plus I don't like what I've seen of the OFP online community, they seem to think they are "better" then those who only play single player.

I'm doing this for my own personal enjoyment, so no worries of me cheating

Navy Captain

« Reply #3 on: 12 Dec 2002, 05:37:18 »
Hey, i can't help u out, but seeing that your a NJROTC cadet such as myself, i thought i'd reply to your topic. ;D

MHSJROTCCADET

« Reply #4 on: 12 Dec 2002, 06:54:18 »
actually I'm a AJROTC cadet, MHS is my school. I would never sink low enough to be a squidd  :P ;)

Navy Captain

« Reply #5 on: 12 Dec 2002, 07:12:03 »
lol, U SHALL PAY FOR YOUR DEVIOUS DOG TRICKS ARMY CADET!/ J/K lol 8)