Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Splish Splash  (Read 1646 times)

Kaliyuga

Splish Splash
« on: 07 Dec 2002, 21:06:45 »
Well.... my island is nearing completion... and there is one little annoying problem I'm having ...

on certain parts of my island.... when you walk around.. (or drive around for that matter) even though it looks like land and it is 8+ meters high.... it sounds like I'm walking in six inches of water ???

I've tried about everything i could think of so far.... designating it as a roadway, forest....    
making sure that it was tagged as "land" instead of "beach"
Changing the environmental sound..

soooo.....  anyone have any other ideas?  or anyone else came across this problem at all ?

pertti49

Re:Splish Splash
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2002, 21:53:52 »
Select all cells and flag default then enviroment and default should fix that :)
greetings:pertti49

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2002, 22:15:51 »
Yes........as pertti says pick 'Select All Cells' from the Edit Menu then press the Default button on the Flags Tab.

Follow the same procedure for the Env snd. Tab.

If this doesn't work try sending it to me and I'll have a look.

Email address is in my profile.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2002, 00:17:54 »
 thanks a bunch guys.... :cheers:  

I'll have a go at it and let you know how it goes ;D

Screenshots are @ the everoncartel website BTW if you wanna have a look at the island

BlinkDog

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2002, 01:43:54 »
Nice Island. I like the land textures, are they the resistance ones?

Another thing, when you placed the hemp bushes what directory did you put the .pbo in? I am looking to add some hemp and oil fields on my island but they are third party addons. Is it the same deal as adding the resistance O.pbo to the dta folder, or different?
« Last Edit: 10 Dec 2002, 01:49:01 by BlinkDog »

Kaliyuga

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2002, 07:56:28 »
 Hmm.... well those ideas seemed to fix some of the places where it was happening but not others ???  
  I'm going to have a look around at a few more things.. and If I still can't get it working I'll have to take you up on that offer Planck to see if you can fix it..

About the hemp addon Blink Dog, those were placed in the editor for screenshot purposes only...  the farms are empty on the island because they need to be to go along with the plot we've got worked out for our campaign ;)

Plus it will make it easier to "harvest" them if they aren't always there

BlinkDog

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2002, 08:27:16 »
Oakies, was just curious. I have been creating farms for my island as well some with normal crops and others with hemp and such. I was hoping to put some hemp in with wrp edit to avoid others from having to put another addon in their folder. It is not really pivitol to the plot of my campaign I have planned but it makes for nice eye candy and does fit with the background.

I also wanted to add some bunkers from the various bunker packs with wrpedit but they do not show in game. Any suggestions?

pertti49

« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2002, 09:21:16 »
Second way is that u change the all wather to land besauce wrp will change the terrain automaticly all under 0 level high to wather after defaults
greetings:pertti49

deadshotscott

« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2003, 04:31:32 »
i'm having this problem...i tried what was posted above but have not succeeded in eliminating the water sound

deadshotscott

« Reply #9 on: 09 Mar 2003, 04:47:59 »
that last suggestion that pertti posted about fixed it!!!!

i'm SO happy  ;D ;D ;D thanks pertti!!!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #10 on: 09 Mar 2003, 23:56:01 »
Well.. since it worked for you.... scott.....  could you explain it to me a little better?
 I got O2 shortly after posting about this problem and have been lost in the world of addon making for the last few months....

Now I'm starting to put some of the finishing touches on my island.. and still have that pesky water problem in some places..  

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what Pertti is meaning by

"change the all water to land"

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #11 on: 10 Mar 2003, 03:30:32 »
I think pertti means put a texture, for instance, the beach texture everywhere where there is sea.

It makes no difference to the game because the water texture is applied automatically on top.

I think that is what he means......But.......I might be mistaken!

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

deadshotscott

« Reply #12 on: 10 Mar 2003, 05:48:54 »
what i did was, opened up my island in wrpedit...

i put the beach texture on the whole map...well majority (you do not have to put the texture for every cell that is water)

then i went to env. sound and selected all cells and changed them to none

then i went to flags and selected all cells and changed them to ground

then i went to flags and selected all cells and hit the default button

then i went to env. sound and selected all cells and hit the default button

then i saved...stuffed it and popped it in addons and it worked

Kaliyuga

« Reply #13 on: 10 Mar 2003, 06:04:40 »
 Thanks.. sounds like good stuff.. I'll give this a try soon

Kaliyuga

« Reply #14 on: 10 Mar 2003, 10:09:10 »
Woo Hoo.. works like a charm.... thanks for the info everyone involved.. and for the step by step  scott

Topic Solved  :toocool: