Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: F-15 Eagle (ON Topic or i'll lock it myself!)  (Read 6907 times)

Vyper

F-15 Eagle (ON Topic or i'll lock it myself!)
« on: 25 Nov 2002, 22:54:30 »
Continue posting on the F-15 Eagle here.............any immature comments or flame war and i'm reporting straight to a MOD and getting this topic locked....

I'm more than fed up with flame wars clogging up a game forum.....and a very very good one at that

Vyper

P.S. That means ANY comments by ANYbody!

STO_blackbird

Re:F-15 Eagle (ON Topic or i'll lock it myself!)
« Reply #1 on: 25 Nov 2002, 23:42:18 »
i was wondering what 3d program the makers used to make this nice looking plane.  

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #2 on: 26 Nov 2002, 00:06:42 »
Thanks for getting the ball rolling again, Vyper...
I hope they release it soon. I beta tested for them, and the model I had was fantastic, even though it was still needing polishing.
Well, these guys are great moddellers, it shouldn't be long now.

Deadsoldier

« Reply #3 on: 26 Nov 2002, 01:32:48 »
Hey all, we were gonna make a new post lol...but it all works.

Well we are fixing it,  and should release it soon. except Us Marine is playing GTA3 vice city or whatever its called.

He'll be done soon then we can resume our work.

The program i used to make this model is Alias.. or Alias|WaveFront Studio Tools 9.7. Its used to auto design, thats my major.. but since i know this program real well and can do about any surface i can imagine, i model on it..then convert to 3ds and so on... Well i model in nurbs first..then i convert the model to poly...

I never seen anyone use this program for games or poly modeling. its strictly for designing cars and products for production. GM- Ford - Honda - Renault they all use it ..and more companies too..

cheers

Deadsoldier

« Reply #4 on: 26 Nov 2002, 01:36:07 »
forgot to say that..all we need now is to fix the cpp file...fix the armor..bomb power...sound volume..things like that..and i just need to texture some surfaces in the cockpit..

thats all.

cheers

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 26 Nov 2002, 06:45:08 »
Gnarly!  :D

barcode6

« Reply #6 on: 26 Nov 2002, 07:55:50 »
I read over in the official forums that you had removed the sound of the engine from the interior view.  I may have misread what was up but I would prefer a little bit of engine noise from that view as it gives you a bit of feedback about your current throttle settings.

Either way, I can't wait. Thanks again for the many hours you've invested in this great looking addon.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #7 on: 26 Nov 2002, 08:45:42 »
Good to see you guys bounce back. I too have beta tested the F15 and was very impressed with it even in its early stages. Keep up with the good work fellas.
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Deadsoldier

« Reply #8 on: 26 Nov 2002, 09:22:58 »
well see..i want the same as u..little sound in cockpit..but OFP wont let us..you either have sound..or u dont...we cant control volume from inside.

cheers

barcode6

« Reply #9 on: 26 Nov 2002, 09:48:01 »
I see.  Thanks for the reply DS.  I didn't realize it was an OFP thing.  A full throttle outside noise in the cockpit would mean my significant other would catch me playing until 4am and we can't have that.   ;D

Wires

« Reply #10 on: 26 Nov 2002, 09:59:29 »
Can you control where the sound comes from? Or does it just come from the centre of the model? Because engine sounds tend to get louder in the cockpit / cab ect. So if the sound source were moved to the back of the plane that might reduce the effect.

Offline Colonel_Klink

• Members
  • Independent Addon Creator
    • DC3D Game Modelling Zone
« Reply #11 on: 26 Nov 2002, 11:21:15 »
Not sure if this will help try:
 insideSoundCoef=0.050000;
play around with the value. it might work.
Cheers
Klink
Rebel without a pause...D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

ofp..hahha

« Reply #12 on: 27 Nov 2002, 04:21:10 »
Yea i have played around with that and figured out that its either louder or not on at all :( thanks anyways.

ofp..hahha

« Reply #13 on: 28 Nov 2002, 05:33:10 »
Ok guys we are making progress on this thing and we will have hella updates on it for you guys also maybe even a few surprises :)

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #14 on: 28 Nov 2002, 09:04:48 »
The F14 from a while Back, had a Loud Noise too, but it wasn't tooooo bad, just loud I normaly just Turned it down, try to ask the folks who made it, if you can use their sound, and modify it a little, or some thing, just a thought  ;)