Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: One man and his dog  (Read 5852 times)

mystic80

Re:One man and his dog
« Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2003, 05:48:26 »
sorry it might be a bit OT but can anyone tell me if u all had any problem importing RTM to MAYA? my pieces get everywhere only left the bones intact.

I got motion capture in school also and would like to know if its possible to make use of it. thanks.

teaCup

« Reply #31 on: 18 Oct 2003, 08:21:48 »
Are you using "named components.ma" when you're importing (i don't remember putting bones in that one)? Cause that's the one you're supposed to use. It says so in the readme.

About the mocap: you should find out what format(s) can your gear at school put out. I think it's very likely you could easily convert them to .rtm.

mystic80

« Reply #32 on: 18 Oct 2003, 11:53:33 »
well i mean importing using RTM not open the file that is inside. reason being because i needa get the combat position and edit from there.

its not bones its some kinda wire. sorry im not the one doing it. its my modelling team. they are better wif using 3dmax thats y they cant figure out.

Suma

« Reply #33 on: 24 Oct 2003, 14:20:13 »
Very nice and innovative addon.

Keep up good work.

I have some technical remarks that might help you:

1) Important - soldier's skeleton affected

You added one move into the CfgMovesMC. This is very bad, because any moves are soldiers moves. All animations in this section should be based on the same skeleton. As your added animation uses completely different skeleton, it can cause major performance problems for all animations of soldiers (and in some cirmustances it can even crash the OFP).

All dogs animation should go into your specific CfgMovesXXXX section. You have most other animation there, but not all.

2) Dog inherits default man moves

From similiar reason your dogs animation CfgMovesXXX should not be inherited from the default one. By inheriting you add all default man skeleton bones into your skeleton. This is not as important as 1), because it does not affects soldiers, only your dog, but it may be worth fixing.

(Note: I do not attend this forum often. If you need some more information from me, drop me a PM on the BIStudio forums).

teaCup

« Reply #34 on: 24 Jan 2004, 16:56:52 »
Thanks for your observations Suma. And for the encouragement.
Unfortunately, i was able to do only little work on the dog, as i've been quite busy these last two months. But i'll try to make up.