Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Is anyone still playing this game? I know i am..  (Read 2221 times)

Offline privateknez

• Members
Is anyone still playing this game? I know i am..
« on: 10 Jan 2011, 10:30:16 »
I am making a "realistic"  ww2 map of the Cotentin peninsula, from cherbourg to bayeux (where the US fought) lets say about 50% of the real size... so im intrested are any people intersted in playing it when im done... here are some scrennies...
This is very early 2 days work... The fps is decent so far. The big hedges are non destructable non walk trough objects.

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
Re: Is anyone still playing this game? I know i am..
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2011, 13:10:06 »
HI privateknez.

I watched your work. it's great!  :good: ...and yes, there are still people who play OFP. while that your work might say 
is excellent, but i have download or to use some MOD to play? ( ???)

~Aldo
My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline privateknez

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 11 Jan 2011, 10:32:56 »
 :) :) :) Hi... This map is still very early in development... im using only operation flashpoint models so far, in except to the non passable hedgerow... in the future i will use railroads and bridges that i found in the other mods... and im thinking about extracting what i need from that mods to make it as small as possible so it will be a single download... but i have to ask the creators of that custom objects for their permission. I would of course give them full credit..
And there is a bug with the custom hedgerow, its not visible on the map... will have to figure that one out
« Last Edit: 11 Jan 2011, 10:36:13 by privateknez »

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #3 on: 12 Jan 2011, 12:37:34 »
Great! :clap:
What about those WW2 units?
Are they your work?

Are you making a WW2 mod? Or just the island?

I'm highly interested in this project, and I am willing to assist you in the mission making (only if you needed help). :good:

Regards,
Haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline privateknez

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2011, 01:39:12 »
 :)... Hello... none of the units are mine... The infantry units are from an old invasion 44 demo (german jager, wermacht and us airborne, i belive winter outfit), ECP ww2 mod (us rangers and army), tanks from some mods i cant remember the mod name that i downloaded... its kind of a mess in my flashpoint folders right now with the addons and all... i edited the units for personal use(weapon stats, tracers and soldier sensitivity), added some basic effects (smoke (for thew bazzokas(not my work), fire(vehilces burning (and again not my scripts)) )... im adding units to the "mod" as i go along...
This map is proving to be a real challenge becouse of the engine limitation (mostly terrain elevaton and foliage (the engine does not do well how ever good your machine is)) so it wont be as google earth says it...
Im stuck on the beach area now  :D making the towns a bit smaller, editing some flashpoint wall models (so you can shoot and take cover over them)... basicly my plan is to make a d-day map that looks good and has a high framerate... gonna have to find a balance

Here is my plan
1. make as realsitic as possible map of the contentin penisula (from cherbourg to bayeux, the us vs germans)...
2. Gather  end edit units for multiplayer (some balancing in favour of realism)
  -Infantry basic units (officer, rifleman, submachinegunner, AT, machine gunner, medic), car, truck, troop transport with mg, light tank and a heavy tank, air transport for para troopers, fighter/bomber, maybe a cannon and AA gun for both sides
3. make the frames per second as high as possible on the map

Offline haroon1992

• Members
  • My life is hopeless...
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2011, 05:33:28 »
Although I have no idea about making addons, I simple would like to ride in some of those cool german tanks,
like the Panzer IV, Panther etc.

(actually, I introduced my-self to the WWII Military when I played Company Of Heroes)
And I think it would be great to play it as a shooter.

By the way, is this OFP only or OFP:Res?
If its OFP:Res,
here is a list of scripts that I've written, might be useful for you :

Random Object Placer :
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34981.0

Fire Script with smoke and spark :
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=34995.0

Follow Script For Land Vehicles And Choppers
http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33884.0

(They might be useful when making the mission, especially the random object placer which can be used to even generate a small village, though it's been a while since I've uploaded them here. So you may need to read the features if you are interested in it.)

Regards,
haroon1992
Very busy with life, business, and other stuff. Away from OFP for months. Not sure if I could get back onto it. :(

Offline Aldo15

• OFP-addict
  • Former Staff
    • My OFP missions
« Reply #6 on: 14 Jan 2011, 00:36:30 »
Hello again.

As haroon1992 said:
I'm highly interested in this project, and I am willing to assist you in the mission making (only if you needed help).

I'd be grateful to participate in its work, creating some missions. I'm hoping that you end your work (is excellent) to play. Ahh do not forget the old grenade, as I say  "bighead grenades." I am very eager to test your project because I've always liked games of the WW2.

Sorry for my bad English.

Regards...

-Aldo

My OFP stuff
FMF Project by Aldo15. Coming soon.
If in the high school or university, Teachers add a new subject about how to make scripts, missions, for ofp. I'd be number one of my classroom

Offline privateknez

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 14 Jan 2011, 12:08:33 »
Here are some more scrennies... If you want a play a good ww2 strategy/tactic try close combat series... i still like to play cc5 invasion normandy...