Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Project : UK Forces  (Read 58418 times)

DeLiltMon

Re:Project : UK Forces
« Reply #165 on: 26 Dec 2002, 22:28:47 »
Personally I think the landy needs touching up texture wise, it tends to look a little out of place with the less detailed textures.

That cos I'm no texture artist, in fact this is the first time I've ever tried making anything like this ever and if you mean the textures on the Dash and Steering wheel then they're not finished yet something I hope to get done soon  :)
I'll keep my eye out for the open landy on opflashpoint.org
I'm downloading the marines now (bloody pc screwed up and had to format and reinstall  >:() nice pic on the downloads page btw  :D

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #166 on: 26 Dec 2002, 22:44:54 »
hey DeLiltMon maybe you can make from the open version a machinegun mounted one too ;)
Intruder is gona upload them on their server so watch http://opflashpoint.org/ tonight or tommorow ;)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #167 on: 27 Dec 2002, 12:46:09 »
Gotta work out how to do it first though  ;)
Had a play about with the marines last night, very impressed!  :thumbsup:

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #168 on: 27 Dec 2002, 13:47:44 »
DeLiltMon m8 I don't know when they put the Open landrover on the site if you want it send me PM with your e-mail and I send it to you m8 ;)

Mr_Shady

« Reply #169 on: 27 Dec 2002, 22:28:12 »
Mmm, the Marines are very good. I like the webbing especially. The guns (esp. the Browning- way too big) feel a bit wishy-washy, but as you stated they're betas, so I'll let you off... this time  ;)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #170 on: 27 Dec 2002, 22:50:11 »
Great job so far, love the weapon sounds, more atmospheric. But could you make the SA80 and LSW sounds a little louder.
Also are you going to make an GPMG in the sustained fire mode (on a tripod)? And are you going to do the other versions of the Minimi?
But please don't equip them with the yank copy of the Minimi aswell as the SF Version.
Anyway it's about time some decent Brit' addons were out, I'm fed up of playing as a yank.
« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2002, 01:42:25 by screamingeagle_101 »

Offline woofer

• Members
  • Honi Sout Qui Mal Y Pense
« Reply #171 on: 28 Dec 2002, 01:23:20 »
their MREs (Meals Ready to Eat) taste like s***e.

But you get chocolate Brownies... and a little bottle of 'makes anything taste goooood' (Tabasco Sauce). And you can heat them without using a messtin. And you get fresh cutlery.

Operational Rations are fuel - not culinary masterpieces.

Not enough tea though. But then the instant tea crap that they are including in 24 hour ORP's is worse than useless...
I'm fed up of playing as a yank

Play as Soviet then. Or find and d/l an Al Quida addon  :P

[On Topic] If anyone does want to tackle a GPMG in the SF role I can provide reference piccies
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2002, 15:17:48 by woofer »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #172 on: 29 Dec 2002, 13:46:45 »
ummm - was there any real point of using the words commie and raghead?

im quite sure that many people here may find such remarks insulting - a turban is not a 'rag' - its part of a religion, a faith, a way of life - not some way of describing some1 - and not all 'ragheads' are Terrorists or such like - we dont need to go down the same path as Hitman 2 did  :-\

Kraut too, why not just say German? or American instead of Yank? Not all americans are southerners, and not all Germans eat Sauerkraut. As Russians are not all communists...

maybe a bit more carefull thought into use of words?

sorry, but dont want to get at you, but i do feel that such terms in such a multcultural community do not fit in.

cheers.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #173 on: 29 Dec 2002, 20:13:04 »
no no no - didnt say you were racist matey - and yes frankly the americans can annoy me too - but in a forum like this then maybe some carefully chosen words go along way.

if i started saying us brits were all related to the royal family and we all spoke like the queen etc, then im sure we'd get a bit annoyed  :P

anyways - Bibs - any updates matey? im soooooo looking forward to this addon :thumbsup:
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline vade_101

• Members
  • oh hell......
« Reply #174 on: 29 Dec 2002, 20:24:50 »
I read on the internet once that the delivery for some MH47s to the SAS were cancelled because the US needed them to replace the helicopters they lost in Afghanistan and Phillipines or Indonesia. Although the US "say" that they'll eventually give us some better, more up to date MH47 s but I wouldn't expect that to happen soon.

Several MH-47 Spec Ops. Chinooks got delivered at the end of 2001.

"While the UK's first HC3 airframe conducted its debut flight in October 1998, the fleet's availability has been extensively delayed as a result of a specification dispute and through difficulties experienced during the integration of mission equipment and software. An undisclosed number of the aircraft remain at QinetiQ's Boscombe Down test facility in Wiltshire as part of certification trials."

As for project updates ... Bibmi is (AFAIK) Still at home for the Holidays and things should get going again once he returns.
« Last Edit: 29 Dec 2002, 20:30:36 by vade_101 »

Britboy

« Reply #175 on: 29 Dec 2002, 22:11:37 »
I've seen our MH47s :D

Been to Boscombe Down and RAF Odiham (UKs Chinnok Base and location of HQ Joint Special Forces Aviation Wing)

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #176 on: 30 Dec 2002, 01:30:12 »
Do you know if these MH47s are equipped with an in flight refueling capability?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #177 on: 30 Dec 2002, 03:47:31 »
no, the British chinooks are not fitted with AAR (Air-to-Air Refueling) kit as standard, but retain the capability to...

i've got a funny story bout the chinooks at Boscombe, but thats for annother thread...

screamingeagle_101

« Reply #178 on: 30 Dec 2002, 13:06:56 »
Well there you have it. The MH47s that weren't delivered had a in flight refueling capability. The SAS needed them for operations of very long distance, when the 11 members of the Royal Irish Regiment were captured in Sierra Leone the Chinnok carrying the SAS had to make one or two stops before reaching the capital of Sierra Leone. This wasted time for them, if they had the in flight refueling capability they would had got there sooner.

Stu35

« Reply #179 on: 01 Jan 2003, 04:24:54 »
the SA80 gives a real British feel  

*is insulted*