Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: one-shot LAW launcher?  (Read 4056 times)

Nyles

one-shot LAW launcher?
« on: 04 Nov 2002, 04:03:33 »
Is it possible to create a law launcher which is not able to be reloaded? Maybe a mix between config entries from the handgrenade item and the current law launcher would create something like this. The idea is that you could simply pick up a law launcher but do not have the need to pick up law ammo. The downside would be that you could only carry one launcher at a time, however it is fully operational without taking up any equipment space. You could simply discard the launcher afterwards and pick up a fresh one.

Is something like this possible or has it been already created?

Lucknow

Re:one-shot LAW launcher?
« Reply #1 on: 04 Nov 2002, 21:07:20 »
AaronAsh was developing a one-shot LAW in his updated realistic weapons pack but I don't know whats happened with that (something to do with employing the 'useAction' command if I remember).

Anyone?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2002, 05:11:09 »
Get Fradsen's Marines and there's one in the 6mb Pack very Nice, new Model, every thing!

Nyles

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2002, 18:08:31 »
You mean the M136 AT4? That works exactly like any other launcher, you can even reload it. No, the thing I mean would be completly different from that.

M_S_Holder

« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2002, 20:16:18 »
I don't think you can reload an AT-4.  IIRC, both the LAW and AT-4 are one-shot weapons.  The Carl Gustav, however, can be reloaded.

Nyles

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2002, 21:02:45 »
Well that's exactly my point. I was refering to the AT4 launcher in Frandsens pack and not the real steel. Even though the real-life at4 and law are disposable one-time-only weapons, they can be reloaded in-game. That's what I want to change. I want a custom version of the LAW and RPG at least, which can only be used one time and then the launcher has to be discarded and another one picked up. No reloads possible. Maybe it would be one way to use some of the config stuff from the laser designator.

Anyone?

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2002, 05:27:51 »
Are you Sure? I cant Re Load the M136AT4 no matter what I do!

Nyles

« Reply #7 on: 06 Nov 2002, 15:34:14 »
Yes, I am. Just drop the ammo and pick it up again and you have to reload the weapon again. My intention is that the weapon does not allow the ammo to be dropped nor new to be picked up without. Furthermore Frandsens launcher is an ATGM, while the real steel AT4 isn't.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #8 on: 06 Nov 2002, 20:11:51 »
BTW: the RPG IS reloadable :)

Nyles

« Reply #9 on: 07 Nov 2002, 00:45:10 »
The RPG in OFP is not reloadable in reallife. The one in OFP seems to intend to be a RPG 22 type, which is a disposable weapon based on the RPG 18 which is based on the LAW. The Russians indeed do have a reloadable RPG, but thats the RPG 7, the one Kegetys made.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #10 on: 07 Nov 2002, 00:56:24 »
The OFP LAW looks nothing like the "Real Steele" and it looks like and older Vietnam era AT Weapon, that I think is infact Reloadable, but I'm not sure.

Nyles

« Reply #11 on: 07 Nov 2002, 04:33:54 »
No, the LAW in OFP is the same LAW they used since it got implemented, and no, it is not reloadable. Especially not in combat. Maybe you could have this weapon "reloaded" by a munition expert but I assume this would be a dangerous procedure. Afterall this weapon was designed to be one-shot-only and disposed after usage.

But this is not what I hoped the Thread would turn into. I wanted to know if it is possible to create a config file which simulates a real one shot LAW without reloads etc..So, is it possible? Anyone knows?

Offline DaCoroner

• Members
« Reply #12 on: 07 Nov 2002, 07:45:20 »
Well, technically they should have the model you carry around before firing show the LAW collapsed, since opening it arms it and then all you have to do is puch a big button on the top I'm not sure I'd run around with that thing armed and strapped on my back :)

As far as unreloadable... I know some people have tried to simulate that with really long reload times, but that doesn't work perfectly.

Have you tried any of the new 1.85 features? Wasn't there supposed to be a way to activate script commands from inside the cpp now?  If so, that would be your answer, simple don't have any LAW ammo anywhere and have two different weapons one for used LAWs and one for unused LAWs, put in an action for the player to arm the (unused) LAW.

For example...

you have a LAW weapon with no ammo and an action on it to "Arm LAW" which would change it to the usedLAW weapon and add 1 round of ammo.  The usedLAW would have no "Arm Law" action on it so there would be no way to get more ammo without picking up another unused LAW.

I haven't really played around with that idea myself so I have no clue if it's even possible, but it's an idea and maybe that will get you started in the right direction.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #13 on: 07 Nov 2002, 11:45:56 »
well dont all this mean that a law is a hell of alot stronger
thier for u wouldnt need so many to blow up an armoured vehicle of sum kind

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #14 on: 07 Nov 2002, 17:09:31 »
hi,, just make the magazine "private" and then just equip your soldiers with one LAW but make the "WEAPON" of LAW "PUBLIC" so you could pic up a LAW.  By doing this, you could only fire one LAW and you can't reload it but instead you have to pick up another unused LAW.  I did it, it worked out ok.  Oh ya, this is in the config.cpp under the cfgweapons
      scopeWeapon=public;
      scopeMagazine=private;