Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: i need help with config editing  (Read 1486 times)

DR_EVIL

i need help with config editing
« on: 03 Nov 2002, 04:51:12 »
im trying to take a plane i downloaded that looks like a UAV and shrink it to be the size of a UAV, i just have two problems i need to know how to disable the pilot from being rendered while inside and i also need to know how to properly shrink the size and not mess the mod up. now third thing i want to do is add a weaponless turret that rotates 360 -5 to -90 degrees and good zoom.

if you havent guessed im trying to make an air recon platform.
its a UFO mod that looks like an oversized military UAV in service.

GalComT

Re:i need help with config editing
« Reply #1 on: 03 Nov 2002, 11:53:56 »
in O2 remove the driver/pilot proxy, to make it weaponless in add the following lines to xour config.cpp.

weapons= {};
magazine= {};

Greatings GalComT

DR_EVIL

« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2002, 00:38:45 »
ok, what about the size? should i just use O2 for that also.

and second it has no gun to begin with
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2002, 00:54:15 by DR_EVIL »

Skaircro

« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2002, 15:32:45 »
To shrink it just select the entire model in o2, and go: Points - Transform 3D - Scale.
I think that is what your trying to do.

As for the turret I'm not exactly sure.
I'm going to be trying something vaguely similar myself.
Part of it is done through named selections in the model and some through the config file.
I'd suggest checking out something like the cobra,(Coogars AH-1G Huey Cobra is a good place to look) the gun on the front of that sounds like the effect you are after. Just imagine it without the gun so it is just the turret.

Hope this helps.

DR_EVIL

« Reply #4 on: 06 Nov 2002, 03:34:11 »
well its finger crossing time, i shrank the model from 12 feet to 6 inches for the visual affect of high altitude when the ai is only flying at normal altitude, ive made some changes to the cpp file i havent gotten the empty turret in yet as im looking for a reference file. speed lowered. and permission to publicly release the mod from the original auther. i hope this is going to work out flashpoint lacks forward recon scouts.  :)

DR_EVIL

« Reply #5 on: 06 Nov 2002, 17:55:52 »
well i shrunk the model succesfully but now the game seems to have a probblem with the ground contacts position and size, all it does is spin and roll real fast and occasionaly bounce.

any suggestions?

Skaircro

« Reply #6 on: 06 Nov 2002, 18:49:08 »
Check the LandContact LOD, and any other LOD's which contain part of the model (resolution's, geometry's, views).
They should all be above the horizotal centre line in o2. This line represents ground level.

DR_EVIL

« Reply #7 on: 07 Nov 2002, 01:15:08 »
tried that, also increased the area of the land contact dont know if it does any good. made sure all was above the line but it still bounces around like a shrew on speed. i think im going to up the size a bit and see if that helps, flashpoint usualy doesnt like small things

20 minutes later

i upped the size to 3 feet and now it works fairly well except for one thing, the pilot view is in the wrong spot and i dont know what the LODs represent or how to make the thing be in the correct position.

the flight behavior is odd to say the least, it will not fl without auto hover on and using a joystick to fly it faster than auto hover allows would be insane since its so unstable.

later on.

i smoothed out the glitches with it bouncing and being unstable in flight, only thing left i want to fix is it getting stuck upside down on the ground. after that im gonna add the turret and release it. its pretty cool  ;D i flew over a mob of different soviet items including a shilka and a soviet controlled adats some infantry and alot of other things. no missiles contacted though they did come close once, bullets rarely hit and im only 50 feet above the ground  8)
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2002, 05:11:39 by DR_EVIL »