Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Trouble with DC3  (Read 1555 times)

Offline JRCOBRA

• Members
Trouble with DC3
« on: 27 May 2008, 01:25:52 »
Tried searching and found nothing that helped my problem.

I'm trying to make a mission with paratroopers in which the player starts in a DC3 on the runway and the plane flys to the DZ and drops.
The problem I have is when the plane hits the trigger it seems to wipe all waypoints after that and returns to the airport lands and the pilot gets out. I have not given the plane any waypoints to do this

Here is the rundown on what I'm using for the plane DC3 Name: qw RACS Officer with higher rank than plane so that he will be group lead and the plane will be considered enemy to OPFOR probability of showing up 0%

I'm using the para.sqs script which works well except for the plane pilot having a mind of it's own.

I'm gonna list what I've tried to get it to work but basically the problem is like I said once the DC3 hits the 3rd waypoint he heads for the airport and lands and ignores all of the waypoints after that.

-Tried setting up many waypoints close together
-Tried removing the officer
-Tried moving the waypoints around
-Left the planes default height at which it will fly alone
-Tried removing all the triggers
-Double checked the waypoints to make sure they were all set to MOVE
-Tried placing game logics and setting the waypoint on them to try to force the plane to fly to that spot but because it's wiping the rest of it's waypoints that doesn't work

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it I'm gonna include a image of the DZ
The blue line is where the plane is supposed to go the red circle and line is where the plane breaks off and heads home even though he has no land order.
« Last Edit: 27 May 2008, 01:30:42 by JRCOBRA »

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
Re: Trouble with DC3
« Reply #1 on: 27 May 2008, 06:59:17 »
hummm try this code in the pilots unit
Code: [Select]
this setbehaviour "CARELESS";cheers schuler
Semper Fi

Offline JRCOBRA

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 27 May 2008, 08:46:40 »
I knew I forgot to mention something I did do that he still does it.

Offline Rommel92

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 27 May 2008, 09:47:42 »
LOL, does he run out of fuel or something?  :blink:
Perhaps send the mission with just the waypoints (excl. any special things that you may not want to share), first, see if it does it in this format, if it does, upload and we'll have a look. Else, more pic's! There must be something you've left out, or not realised. 

Offline JRCOBRA

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2008, 23:28:44 »
Well he does take off but I would think the DC3 would have fuel to flyaround for a bit. a few times I've carried on with the drop to see how the ground stuff isworking and about 5-10 minutes he comes flying back in for no apparent reason. I'm not sure I think I have even tried putting him in flight near the target but I will try that again I'll try to take a screen shot of his entire flight path as well.

EDIT:
Discovered the problem. I started testing it step by step so put the plane in by it self and it hit all waypoints. Put the phantom officer in so it would be on the side I wanted it in still hit the waypoints. I put it at the height I wanted it to fly at and set the officer and plane to careless for good measure it hit them I put the enemy shilka in and set it to careless and then the plane started acting up it veered off and landed except it did it much sooner this time probably because it was during the day. So I removed the shilka from the mission and it hits it everytime now.

So now the problem is how can I place Enemy AA without it freaking out and returning home? I thought setting the plane to careless was supposed to make it ignore enemy units but apparently it's not exactly doing that.
« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 16:58:26 by h- »

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2008, 00:44:35 »
The pilot of that transport plane might be civilian.

Offline JRCOBRA

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2008, 02:33:30 »
Yeah that fixed it I made the plane empty named it then had the phantom officer fly it and it works just fine now not sure why I didn't do that before. The shilka is a little slow to react in shooting him down but I can fix that.

Thanks for the help.

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2008, 23:19:00 »
Try having the crew of the shilka start outside the tank and only get in after the plane is long gone.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

Offline laggy

• Members
  • "Behold a pale horse"
« Reply #8 on: 29 May 2008, 00:11:58 »
Hi JRCOBRA,

I've had similar problems. In ArmA, "CARELESS" doesn't seem to do justice to the word like it actually did in OFP. Am I wrong? I started a thread on BIS forum "ArmA2 suggestions" about this. As a mission designer it is really annoying when the listed scripting commands don't override the default game engine behaviuors.

Laggy
« Last Edit: 29 May 2008, 00:14:17 by laggy »
And I looked and beheld a pale horse and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him.