Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Reveal not working to its full force...  (Read 1135 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Reveal not working to its full force...
« on: 08 Oct 2007, 14:59:01 »
after all da threads conecring da behaviour of AI regerading da player driving a car from the same side (as in : player is enemy to AI and vehicle of player is friendly 2 AI) i begun expirementing with da reveal command 2 prevent dat thing... specialy since in night da AI (even wearing NVGs) doesnt like shoting em cars... now after some testing w/ da reveal and knowsabout it seems dat reveal only reveals da vehicle 2 a knowsabout level of 1... so it doesnt help 2 reveal vehicles 2 enemy AI at night (it does work at day tho...) is dere a way 2 solve dat ? (im using dofire... but i wish dere was somin prettier :D)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline BuhBye

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Reveal not working to its full force...
« Reply #1 on: 12 Oct 2007, 01:27:38 »
LCD I would love to help you but I dont want to read your post 5 times to figure out what the getto english means.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2007, 06:40:56 »
its no dat hard.... :P :D

ok ill try 2 simplify da situation...

1) Deres a bug in ArmA... it seems soldiers wud never shot on a car dat is friendly even if da driver is enemy 2 dem.... dis thing is used as a cheat by players in mision... were dey take over enemy cars nd drive safly all around

2) mandoble keeps saying dat if we use da reveal command itll work nd dey will start shoting dat car...

3) ive tried usin da reveal command but dey dont start shot on my cars...

4) ive begun experimentin w/ da reveal comand and discovered dat da reveal comand only reavels to da degree knowsabout of 1... wich seems 2 b not enough 2 shot a car in da dark...

5) i figured out some work around usin dofire... but i was thinkin if ny1 got beter ideas....

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Pergite

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2007, 20:50:34 »
OK, so it was not just me that had trouble with this. I used triggers at choke points and bottle necks on my maps that Reveal/DoTarget/DoFire the and the the only car available to the player as target. With many cars this would of course dont work. I wonder if BIS have any plans to do a fix for this, I mean it cant be that complicated.

#EDIT-removed the unnecessary quote  h-
There's no need to quote the whole previous post you're replying to..
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2007, 21:31:55 by h- »