Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Updating unique 1.46 units to Res  (Read 1253 times)

Baphomet

Updating unique 1.46 units to Res
« on: 26 Oct 2002, 22:11:00 »
I would like to try and update this one rather interesting ghost recon unit for resistance. However in relevance to this:

1. You WILL have to redo your addon.  Luckily, you're like most people and your addon is based on an existing "official" OFP unit, all of which were updated with the pistol information for 1.75.

I am not sure that is possible. Does anyone know which addon I'm talking about? That guy wearing face/body armor all in black? Does anyone know if it is in fact based on an official OFP unit? Better yet, if the creator of the addon has updated this addon already?

GalComT

Re:Updating unique 1.46 units to Res
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2002, 14:33:18 »
YOu have to add the beretta proxy to your model:

1. open any rsistance model in O2
2. select the beretta proxy from the object list
3. copy it
4. open ur model in O2
5. Paste the beretta proxy

now u will see the beretta proxy in the object list of ur model as well. thas how to do it.

Greatings
GalComT

captain caffeine

« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2002, 01:22:31 »
 Where Exactly are you finding Resistance models, all the ones I have seen are encoded :(,   I DPBO the addon and come up with a big blank folder

Coolhand

« Reply #3 on: 02 Nov 2002, 01:40:32 »
Hi I'm new here (although I saw another guy named Cool Hand, in 2 words, whereas I'm Coolhand).

Your topic sounds like the one I've been looking for. I think the units you are talking about are Ebud's Ghost Recon units (partly based on UCE eastern units, with help from SelectThis and Tigershark). I really enjoyed them in 1.46 and now that I have 1.85 I wanted to modify the units to carry handguns. I modified Scott Ibrahim's PBO file to add a gun but... even though I can fire it, it is invisible.

If anyone knows a way to fix this problem, I would also apreciate being able to use handguns with some of my favorite units... That makes 2 of us I guess  ;D

Baphomet

« Reply #4 on: 14 Nov 2002, 20:25:13 »
Where is the objects list located in 02? I've noticed that I can't open some p3d files with it. This only concerns me insofar as I really would like to convert some of my favorite ofp:cwc units to ofp:r with as little trouble as possible.

From the impression I'm getting all I have to do is add a proxy to a list. I don't have to do any 3d editing do I? I hope not. I'm terrible at it. =P