Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: I don't get how they work  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
I don't get how they work
« on: 09 Sep 2007, 09:59:11 »
To a lot of you guys this might sound like the most noobest question, but I've been doing some OFP modding and I can't get the .pbo to work.

I'll put some files in, like say, a .wss file (which has the same name as one of the stock ones), or a config file, and it won't work.

I thought it would work because it did work on some other game franchise.

Do I need to get a file in the .pbo that directs OFP to my mod files?

Thanks for any help guys.

Chris :)
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re: I don't get how they work
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2007, 18:54:48 »
Details we need details.

What exactly are you trying to pack into this PBO?

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:44:35 »
An .hpp file to be precise.

Chris
Need proof-reading for anything? Need a banner for your upcoming mod? Need a pic for your mission? Hit me up with a message. I have a bit of knowledge in Photoshop and formal/military writing.
Be sure to provide sufficient details when posting what you want requested. Thanks guys!

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2007, 12:57:10 »
Making a PBO involves having a config.bin (config.cpp) at the very least, unless you are packing a mission.

Config files can reference an .hpp file to #include it somewhere in its structure, but, I've never seen an addon that exclusively uses an .hpp file.

Maybe post the contents of said file?

Planck

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2007, 06:41:36 »
cfgVehicles.hpp is the name of the file.

BTW, I think I know how to make the addon work. I can use Binarize - but I have no idea on how to set the perimeters to the .bat file... I renamed the .bat to something like "bin HiSpeed" but no luck...

I don't see why you need the .hpp file though - if you really do need it, I'll post it up.

Thanks mate.

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:39:05 »
OFP does not read .hpp files unless you tell it to (like with #include in the config.cpp), the config file you use has to be named config.cpp

And I think why Planck wants to see what's in the file is because if you make one typo there in a wrong place the whole thing will not work, or if you have other faults in it..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2007, 21:28:20 »
Well, I used the config.cpp file from the BIS Commented Config Files - and I think it worked!

I'm gonna remove the .pbo and see the differences...

* Edit:
No difference I felt at all. This definitely needs looking at. All I changed was the MaxSpeed attributes for some BTW.

Edit: attachment (hispeed.zip) lost in the crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2011, 03:28:17 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #7 on: 15 Sep 2007, 08:44:01 »
A bit of help, anyone? The .pbo does not actually work. The config.cpp file might need some looking at...

Chris

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 15 Sep 2007, 13:10:45 »
It doesn't work because your attachment only contains a cfgVehicles.hpp and a text file called config.txt.

The config.txt file should really be called config.cpp, otherwise it is just a text file.

Planck

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #9 on: 15 Sep 2007, 22:59:04 »
Oh, the config file ain't .cpp - my bad. But I get an error when loading up OFP (see attached .jpg).

Any help? Help is very much appreciated. :)

Edit: attachment (hispeed.zip) and image (ofp_preprocessor.JPG) lost in the crash of 2009 - WEK
« Last Edit: 16 Jan 2011, 03:28:58 by Walter_E_Kurtz »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #10 on: 15 Sep 2007, 23:24:24 »
That most likely happens because the #include cfgVehicles.hpp filepath is wrong, it points into the default game dir whereas it should point into the pbo of yours.
So, search for #include "CfgVehicles.hpp" in the config.cpp and change it to
Code: [Select]
#include "..\yourpboname\CfgVehicles.hpp"No guarantees it will work, making this the way you're making it can be tricky..
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 16 Sep 2007, 03:17:38 »
Chris is running 1.46 could that have anything to do with this prob. the config?
Semper Fi

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #12 on: 16 Sep 2007, 04:56:11 »
I put in "\hispeed.pbo\CfgVehicles.hpp" instead of "CfgVehicles.hpp" but no luck.

Yes I am running v1.46 - no Resistance. And trust me, I can't just teleport to the store and see Resistance on the shelfs and buy it. ;)

It sucks without Resistance doesn't it? :D

Chris

Offline schuler

• Contributing Member
« Reply #13 on: 16 Sep 2007, 05:42:19 »
hi Chris , iam sure you could have a game store to order it for you somewhere. your missing out mate  ;) do you live in a desert or something  :P. just pickin on ya!
Semper Fi

Offline Chrispy

• Members
  • You never saw me! ;)
    • Delta Zero
« Reply #14 on: 16 Sep 2007, 09:41:04 »
Lol, well would you still advise me to get Resistance if I showed you this list...?:

- I'm only 13.
- No money to spend.
- Hate going into town.
- Mum won't get me it.
- Wouldn't be allowed to order it via the net.

Umm... what else? Yes, it really sucks to be on plain vanilla OFP. What really sucks is that everything these days is for Resistance. You got the great mods like SLX and FFUR for Resistance, cool dynamic, etc. scripts/functions that don't work with v1.46, it sucks, haha. I really ain't experiencing the full potentional of OFP am I? Hehe.

Chris