Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Helo's not landing on ground......  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
Helo's not landing on ground......
« on: 17 Aug 2007, 23:23:12 »
I can get the helo to fly to waypoint and decend for landing, but it hovers a few feet above the ground causing troops to be injured on disembark.  What is up with getting the helo to fully land on the deck. :dunno:

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
Re: Helo's not landing on ground......
« Reply #1 on: 17 Aug 2007, 23:36:35 »
Have you been playing with this ?

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 18 Aug 2007, 14:43:58 »
I am not using a script.  I am just using normal waypoints.  I am having it goto a "Transport Unload".  Is there some bug with the game to where it is not fully landing on the ground?  I will try to put an invisible helo marker on the waypoint and see if that works.

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Aug 2007, 18:16:37 »
Well problem solved!!  It seems that in ArmA you have to do things just a little different than in OFP.

Situation- Two blackhawks inserting Marines into AO (Area of Operations)

What I did- At this point I am just getting a feel for ArmA, so I just used simple waypoints to do the insertion. 

- Gave names for the two helo's (helo1, helo2).
- Gave helo1 (the group leader) a "Transport Unload" waypoint.
- In the On Act field I put: helo1 land "GET OUT"; helo2 land "GET OUT" (they both landed (on the ground) and all the Marines disembarked without getting injured.
- I also placed two invisible H at the insertion point (you can find them in the Empty; Objects units.

so it seems that you HAVE to do this if you are just using normal waypoints for helo troop transport.

Thanks to all and always remember!!!

America does not need the Marine Corps, America Wants the Marine Corps!!!!!

Semper Fi to all of my fellow Marines!!!!!

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 18 Aug 2007, 19:23:50 »
Meatball, don't double post.

If you have something to add to your post after a short period of time modify it instead of replying to yourself.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline Meatball0311

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 18 Aug 2007, 19:57:03 »
Roger, I copy :o

Offline Nixer6

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2007, 14:20:38 »
Somethings I have noticed with helos in OFP and ArmA.

1. I find it's better for the transport helos NOT to be grouped together, as they seem to like to fight over the same invisible H

2. The above also happens when they are not grouped together, but you can stagger the waypoints of the individual helos so they don't go for the same H. Stagger the H's also.

3. Helos always go for the first invis H they come to that's vacant, even if their land waypoint is on one that is farther away.

4. A visible H takes priority over the invisible H's...they'll go way out of their way to alnd on it.

Most of these observations are from OFP, but they seem to be holding true in ArmA also.
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?