Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The turret/path thing for helo weapons  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Spooner

• Members
  • Mostly useless
    • Community Base Addons
Re: The turret/path thing for helo weapons
« Reply #15 on: 19 Oct 2007, 17:43:43 »
The "gunner" (as far as moveInGunner, gunner, assignAsGunner are concerned) always lives in the primary turret. On the blackhawk, this is the crew chief position. There can only ever be one gunner, as such, regardless of the number of turrets (blame BIS for not thinking that secondary turrets might be useful until ArmA). The secondary turret position actually has nothing to do with being a gunner so I think you'd need to assignAsCargo (or not assign) to get someone into that position. Anyway, I think that explains why your were having problems based on the order you assigned people as gunner: the second guy being made the gunner will have unassigned the first guy.
[Arma 2] CBA: Community Base Addons
[Arma 1] SPON Core (including links to my other scripts)

Offline Nixer6

• Members
Re: The turret/path thing for helo weapons
« Reply #16 on: 19 Oct 2007, 17:50:34 »
AssignAsCargo worked...but was unpredictable.

Sometimes the 2nd gunner would again just jump out when anyone else got on board.

that explains why your were having problems based on the order you assigned people as gunner - the second guy being made the gunner will have unassigned the first guy.

Yep. That's what reading the config helped me to figure out. I believe I also tried not assigning the 2nd gunner...the chopper would just sit there and not move.

I was just happy to make it work. The ComRef here and on the Biki are a little confusing regarding MoveInTurret.   ??? :yes:
Why do I have to be a Rocket Scientist to make a good mission?