Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: newbie need help! mount helicopters.  (Read 2029 times)

Offline penfolde

• Members
  • chaos, disorder and mayhem....my work is done!
newbie need help! mount helicopters.
« on: 26 Mar 2007, 21:02:59 »
HI all¦nbsp; :D

Just started creating my first homemade mission,¦nbsp; Not much experience with programme, so this is hearting me abit. ???

I'm trying to make a amission with heicopters and men.¦nbsp; wot i have done is create two littlebirds, one blackhawk, three extra pilots and a commanding officer.

wot i would like is for the pilots solute the officer (with a return solute), and then the pilots to get in the three waiting holicopters and then strt there engines and waite for passangers.

Q.¦nbsp; ¦nbsp;Wots the best way to go about this?

I can get the pilots too goto the helicopters using waypoint, just no idea bout making them solute first and then mount each helicopter. :-[

Penfolde
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2007, 23:00:46 by penfolde »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re: newbie need help!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2007, 22:29:04 »
Hi penfolde, welcome to OFPEC!   :)

Please modify your post and give it a more informative title.  This helps people understand your problem, and helps folk in the future who are using the forum search function.   Many thanks.     Just look down the list of thread titles to see what I mean.

PS - mission editing is a bit hard at first, but it's WELL worth it.   :yes:
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline hoz

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
Re: newbie need help! mount helicopters.
« Reply #2 on: 26 Mar 2007, 23:43:42 »
Add a Waypoint with a getin option and place that over the chopper. Making them wait will involve synching the proper WP's up with the action to make them salute. THats the short answer.  :)

As far as the salute goes I'm not sure how to do that part exactly but someone else will pipe up.
Xbox Rocks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 27 Mar 2007, 00:06:03 »
Salute.....hmmmm........right

TTEEEENNNNSSHSHHSHSHSHSUN.......*snap*

Or in Arma terms:

unit named fred:

fred action ["salute", fred]

This will cause unit fred to salute, albeit a little quickly.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline penfolde

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 27 Mar 2007, 02:05:08 »
thx

I'll play with that tomorrow night after work. :good:

Pen

Offline penfolde

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 27 Mar 2007, 16:06:45 »
I'm back

Have tryed using waypoint with the helo's but the men still will not get in.  The helo's are already manned all i'm trying to do is put in an extra member into the co-pilot seat. 
I've tred using all the waypoint commands that i think will be relavent to this little cut-scene.
Looked in the FAQ section of this Web-site but it not clear where to place the command in the editor to make the men get as cargo and there no examples ether.

Think i need a command something like this " pilot1 moveincargo helo1 ".   I think this can be done with out waypoint using scripting or with waypoints with  a trigger.  :confused:

Pen

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 27 Mar 2007, 17:36:00 »
The moveInCargo comment will instantly move the pilot into the chopper, use it only if your camera movement permits it. If you want to show the player the pilot embarking the chopper using waypoints is the best way.

You say that the pilot is already in the chopper, do you mean by that, he's in the chopper from the beginning or he moves inside after saluting and a waypoint?
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

Offline penfolde

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 27 Mar 2007, 18:01:31 »
Hi Cheetah

I'm mean, the pilot is in the chopper from the start and a extra pilot moves too the chopper to join him in the chopper.

Dose that make it clearer?

Pen

Offline Mandoble

• Former Staff
    • Grunt ONE and MandoMissile suite
« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2007, 18:40:49 »
GET IN Wp for the passenger synchronized with LOAD Wp for the chopper should work.

If you want the passenger to join pilot's group, then [passenger] join group pilot, then passenger assignAsCargo (or assignAsGunner) choppername, and then make the pilot to move enywhere else.

Offline penfolde

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 27 Mar 2007, 19:28:52 »
thats solved the main problem with them loading into the helicopters, except for the blackhawk which will not except an extra crew member through the load/getin waypoint (i'll change the helicopter to anuther).

I'll probabaly be back.....so catch u soon,   thx for your help all :clap:

Penfolde

Offline SaBrE

• Members
  • I was once a Llama
    • www.Armed-Assault-Zone.com
« Reply #10 on: 29 Mar 2007, 21:34:32 »
Hey Penfolde, glad you've got into mission making and found OFPEC ;)

Are you sure there's enough space for the extra person? Still your workaround will make it easier.
Can you HELP?