Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Unit Retexturing  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Ding

• Contributing Member
  • Jurassic Park
Unit Retexturing
« on: 22 Mar 2007, 12:26:55 »
Im trying to create a mission specific addon which is basically just a retextured version of the West soldier unit, Ive already created the texture and made the config my only problem is applying it to the SoldierWB Model, How do i define the path of the texture to this specific model?, do I need to include the model in the pbo file I have created? If anyone could help me out I would be very greatful, thanks :)
"If I remain lost and die on a cross, atleast I wasn't born in a manger"

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
Re: Unit Retexturing
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2007, 07:39:14 »
do I need to include the model in the pbo file I have created?
Yes.

You need to edit the model to use the new textures; if you have edited the existing textures of the model you can just change the texture paths with a very old texture swapping tool you can find at our Editor's Depot..
Not the most sophisticated tool but with that you can change the texturepaths of ODOL models..

The other way is to 'unbinarize' the model and use texture path swap (you can find it at OFP.info) to swap the paths on the MLOD model..
Or do it by hand in O2..

If you have created completely new textures that do not match the original textures in size (512x512 instead of 256x256) or in placement you need to re-texture the model by hand in O2.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.