Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Make your own Mod tut?  (Read 1087 times)

Minvera

Make your own Mod tut?
« on: 06 Feb 2007, 21:29:11 »
Hey, wasnt sure where i was to put this so i just picked a spot at random, anyways, heres my question:

Is there a mod tutorial? Or could we all make one?

I know alot of people would like to make their own, even if its just unit replacement.

Your ideas?

Minvera.

Offline Cheetah

• Former Staff
Re: Make your own Mod tut?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2007, 23:46:38 »
It would indeed be good if some modders joined up and started writing a comprehensive tutorial on mod making. Possibly covering both ArmA and OFP, I find ArmA more important though as it's newer and more likely that people will run into problems.

Sadly, I've never tried modding anything, most of the times I don't dare including mods in my missions because I want 100% working addons, most aren't. I know though, that there are a lot of guys on this forum into modding, probably at least some in the community have started working on a tutorial.
Like missions? Help with Beta Testing! or take a look at the OFPEC Missions Depot for reviewed missions!

WarGamesQ

Re: Make your own Mod tut?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Feb 2007, 08:17:34 »
i'd suggest to get away from the "mod" idea. its just a summary of different disciplines.

its about configs, models, scripting and structure (for the technical part) - i'd say only the last one (at least its a lot more important here) and to work with the main config rather than to add new small configs on top of it are the major differences for people working on a mod rather than a single addon.