Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to use the resistance and other objects in wrp editor??  (Read 1967 times)

DC10_starvinmarvin

Hi all guys out there! i have made a couple of islands now lately. but now i want to use the resistance objects on my island. i also would be happy if anyone told me how to use the jungle objects and texures from for ex. Jungle Everon.
Could someone please help me?

Greets to all! Starvin Marvin

Leone

Re:How to use the resistance and other objects in wrp editor??
« Reply #1 on: 20 Oct 2002, 07:20:45 »
Check this thread:

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=17;action=display;threadid=758

Should have everything you need.

Hmmm wanna cheesy poofs..yum yeah sure i wanna cheesy poofs num num :)

bringer_25

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2002, 03:47:45 »
ok when i used cutpbo, it made no new_0.pbo file there must be anothers way to do this, can someone please tell me another way

Leone

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2002, 09:50:58 »
The easiest way to do it I have found in put Cutpbo and COPIES of o.pbo and Noe,pbo inside your C:\windows folder. Then open a DOS screen, type cutpbo.exe ***.pbo Voila! Your freshly sliced .pbo will be delivered to the C:\windows folder. Then just rename them to the original names, and chuck them in your Addons folder (NOT RES\ADDONS). Hope that helps.  :)

The_Rocket

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2002, 16:12:41 »
Well I tried the cutpbo.exe but I didnt understand anything (as usual) but I used Unpbo to change the O.pbo. Then I used Stuffpbo then it worked I did put the new O.pbo in OFP\DTA and it worked. And I copied the Data3D.PBO from Res\DTA to an emty folder and renamed it to Data3DRes.Pbo and its working. DONT FORGET TO PUT THE CHANGED PBOFILES TO ANOTHER FOLDER WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY!!!

Leone

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2002, 19:17:23 »
Actually, if you put your Cut versions of O.pbo and Noe.pbo in your vanilla Addons folder you don't have to move them at all :) OFP seems to handle having two versions just fine...so long as they are in the two different Addons folders  ::)

pertti49

« Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2002, 11:56:51 »
I can say one thing dont use resistance obj for now on besauce the map dont work for the people who hasnt made the modification what its take
greetings:pertti49

Leone

« Reply #7 on: 27 Oct 2002, 16:02:58 »
I have tried putting a map I have made on a computer without the Cut versions of O.pbo and Noe.pbo.....and they work just fine  :) The game looks for a file called O\XXXX.p3d and of course it finds it. So you can make maps with Res objects and distribute them....there should be no problems with this, just so long as your cut version of O.pbo is called O.pbo (call it anything else, like NewO.pbo and it won't work).

pertti49

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2002, 17:47:54 »
Some people allready fucked up their map when the new patch came out so u never know what the new version will do so its a bit risky to waste many months work to use them.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2002, 18:52:31 »
I really dont see what the new patch has to do with it.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

pertti49

« Reply #10 on: 28 Oct 2002, 07:15:52 »
I have heard error messages after the installation of new patch