Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Help with the SBJ 1.1 weapons pack  (Read 1508 times)

1hHoplite

Help with the SBJ 1.1 weapons pack
« on: 28 May 2006, 17:44:11 »
Hey everyone - new here so bear with me...

I recently downloaded the SBJ weapons pack and equipped the m16A4 and m16A2 to several squads of soldiers and had them shoot at eachother. The results were appalling. The soldiers only fired one shot every maybe 1.5 seconds. None of them used burst fire. In addition, they were inaccurate. Further testing showed that if units equipped with these weapons went up against anyone else, they got slaughtered. When I tried other weapons from the pack, they fired reasonably normally - or even just faster. Is there a way in the config.cpp to increase firing rate or whether or not they use burst fire?

Thanks a lot everyone.

EricJ

Re: Help with the SBJ 1.1 weapons pack
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jun 2006, 18:23:19 »
You try the BIS forums?  Jackal326.....

Offline Peacepunk

• Members
Re: Help with the SBJ 1.1 weapons pack
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2006, 16:14:43 »
- AI behaviour regarding its weaponry is coded in the config file of any weapon in OFP (actually, it is coded in the Magazine part of the config): this issue has nothing to do with weapon fidelity, modelling or specifications.

- This addon is probably featuring very accurate models of the weapon, but for gameplay, usually, hardcore adon/mod makers tend to twist several parameters in the config.cpp of their work. This is generally ment to better reflect reality, and the most often decreased factor is accuracy (the "dispersion" factor in the .cpp): no wonder you putted SJB guys in front of OFP dudes & OFP winned: how often have you been shot dead by a single shot from an average soldier in OFP while running full speed ahead, 250 meters from him ?

- If you check out BAS work, you'll realize that they had different ammo for AI (called HD, or High Dispersion) while the player receives more accurate magazines - I assume this was for the sake of gameplay, as AI blokes are really "too" good, and if you equip everybody with HD magazines, the player will bare a handicap.

- An opposite sample to this is the usual New Modeller that get his hands on a sniper riffle and want's it to be of raygun accuracy: This may please him (and usually himself alone) while any other quality-seeking gamer will probably turn the addon down for not being "enjoyable": A sniper riffle which you do not need to calculate the elevation regarding the target distance is a boring tool to play with.

- Look out for configs of great addon makers, and if you want to integrate SJB's in a mission, just be sure tu use a compatible arsenal fot the OPFOR - Or decrease the level of Skills of the oponent.

- The KeySearch "russian" in "addons" on ofp.gamepark.cz will lead you to a lot of stuff.

Cheers

Peacepunk