Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Different model in first person than thrid person  (Read 1295 times)

STGN

Different model in first person than thrid person
« on: 18 Oct 2002, 18:53:37 »
I have made a new inproved m4 model using an old one but when I put in to the game. I see the old model In first person and the new model in thrid person. what is the problem  ??? ??? ???
I have tried to copy the model in to a new emty model but when I play, the game chash and says that it has a LOD problem. what is the problem.  ??? ??? ???

STGN

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Different model in first person than thrid person
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2002, 19:54:31 »
Well, like it says, you've got a LOD problem.

You only updated the model in the first resolution LOD (the ones with numbers, lowest number = first lod), so it won't show in the others.

I suggest looking at the right hand side of your screen in O2, you'll see a box with several entries, like so:

Memory
View - Pilot

It should look something like that for a weapon addon.
Now, you've only updated the model in one of the "number" LODs. You need to double click the rest of them and update it there as well.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

STGN

« Reply #2 on: 19 Oct 2002, 10:31:00 »
Thank you very much KTottE
I will try that.
By the way here it is how it looks whit the problem.

STGN

« Reply #3 on: 19 Oct 2002, 10:33:09 »
funny the picture whont show sory.

STGN

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2002, 13:02:47 »
thanks or tak KTottE as we say in Denmark.
It works now ingame perfectly now all i need is to learn how to texture but i just read somthing that can help me

thanks again, thanks alot.
STGN