Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Need FFUR install help  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Coot

• Members
Need FFUR install help
« on: 14 Nov 2005, 22:08:16 »
Hey there, could someone give me a rundown on how to install a FFUR pack.  I installed the woodland pack successfully but where i ran into trouble was with making and editing its own short cut to get into the game.  I followed the readme but no go.  Could someone give me a more detailed description of how to do this please?  I followed the readme and added the text it said but no joy.

Offline rado1265

• Members
Re:Need FFUR install help
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2005, 01:30:02 »
Asuming that you have OFP Resistance v1.96 installed (this are the minimum requirements for FFUR I think), the most possible mistake you probably can make is, that you've added the exstension inside the target adress, not behind, or that you've forgot to add spaces between the new added words.

Since you're not to precise, where you have problems (from the start, or just in shortcut's properties), I'll give you the whole procedure:

Right click with your mouse on desktop, and go on New, then click Shortcut, then browse it, until you came to the FLASPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE icon, and make a shortcut.

Then right click on new maded shortcut, and open Properties.  In target adreess add following: -nosplash -nomap -mod=ffur1985.  Now your Target adress should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=ffur1985

Apply the changes.

Hope this will help.

Offline Coot

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2005, 01:40:45 »
thanks Karantan, i'll give it a try! :)

Okay i tried it and the new icon just put me into OPF.  Yes i do have Resistance patched up too.  Is it because instead of installing ffur into the operationflashpoint folder under codemasters, it installed it as operation flashpoint under codemasters?  And im not familiar with ffur.  does it have its own main menu so i will know its installed?

Okay that was it.  I reinstalled ffur changing the install directory into the operationflashpoint folder and when i edited the new shortcut like u said, it took me into opf and the main menu was snow as per my ffurwinter.  Either that or the readme actually had a "w" at the end of the edit.  So i don't know.  I went looking around and all that i can see is that the terrain just looks wintery.  Is there anything else that the ffur packs do instead of just changing the terrain???  Sorry, as mentioned before i am not familiar with it.
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2005, 02:06:47 by Coot »

Offline rado1265

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2005, 02:37:17 »
Is it because instead of installing ffur into the operationflashpoint folder under codemasters, it installed it as operation flashpoint under codemasters?

Yes, this can be also one of the 'problems', and this could be the reason for your troubles.

And im not familiar with ffur.  does it have its own main menu so i will know its installed?

Yes, it have its own menu.

Is there anything else that the ffur packs do instead of just changing the terrain???

Yes, it changes lots of things: the uniformes, the choppers, the APCs, it adds new soundtracks (from the movie Hunt of the Red October I thing) ... In fact the terrain change is the less noticable change.

I don't know on which way can I help you more, if this didn't work, try to look into FFUR map, there should be a Readme map or something, and look, if there is a Troubleshooting section.  But if you have any questions, just ask, and if I can I'll try to help you, but please, write a bit more understandable, because I'm not a native English speaker. ;)
« Last Edit: 15 Nov 2005, 02:39:07 by karantan »