Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Light no longer works  (Read 1133 times)

vovi

Light no longer works
« on: 30 Sep 2005, 10:10:13 »
I have a problem which is difficult to explain.

I have a custom Island which contains one custom addon, a working streetlamp (metlamp.pbo). I placed it using WRPTool so of course there is a folder containing the p3d folder and config. etc.

The folder structure in the pbo in addons is exactly the same as the structure in the WRPTool data directory

Its been working fine for ages until the following happened.

I changed the config in the metlamp.pbo to alter the light colour, thats all, it should still work. I Re-pboed the it and put in back in the addons folder.

Now it just doesnt light up. the config is correct but nothing. Do I have to replace everything and start again?

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:Light no longer works
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2005, 14:11:07 »
no, please don't start everything anew, this sounds like an easy mistake if you really only tweaked the config.
ok... maybe you altered not the light colour but the brightness and accidentally set it to 0.1 or so? (better post the config here, and we'll see ;) )
did you really test the lamps durging the night... not at dawn or dusk when turned on lights are hardly visible in ofp?
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Kyle Sarnik

Re:Light no longer works
« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2005, 21:06:18 »
First, ow! My eyes hurt, please don't use such a small font  :-\

Second, a big part of addon editing is trail and error, you have to learn from what didn't go right, and fix it. If you give up the first time then you won't ever get anywhere. You should try fixing it on your own first, you don't have to ask us until you are completely stumped. If you have an idea, try it first.

Ok, I really don't know anything about WRPTool, but based on what you said, did you make sure that the modified config in metlamp.pbo matches the one in the WRPTool data directory? Its just a guess since I really have no idea how WRPTool works...