Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: First Time Mapper  (Read 1290 times)

Dobbin_Man

First Time Mapper
« on: 24 Sep 2005, 17:18:05 »
Hello, I've just joined, and I joined because I enjoyed the OF:CWC editior. I am quite a beginner - I know how to do all the most basic things in the editor, I can do some basic triggers, a have yet to try Scripting, and I have done a bit of camera work too, with the help of this site's Tutorials (God job on them, the turorials, there really handy). But now I wanna do mapping.

What is the best land editor fot the game? I want to start a map from scratch, with the ability to make a city, bridges, roads, and such like, and I want to have an easy editor to use. Also, a tutorial that goes with it would be nice.

So what do you think? Point me to a good editor, and I'll see if I can do Mapping.  ;D

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:First Time Mapper
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2005, 17:32:28 »
Try up above.  8)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline Pilot

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2005, 22:00:48 »
Planck, what would we do without you? 8)

I personally recommend WRPTool.  I find it easier to use than the others, and a nice manual comes with it.  It does take a little time to figure out all the functions, but once the learning is done, map creation is easy!

-Student Pilot

Offline crave22

• Members
  • Wheeeeeee!!!!!!
    • OpSomme
« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2005, 22:06:01 »
You do need a bit of patience, though. I would also suggest WRP, but it takes a while to make a good map. I suggest getting it and opening up the game islands. Look around and see what a finished map should look like. Learn about textures and the likes. Anyone can do it. It just takes time and patience.

I not only have WRP, but I also have Visitor. However, if Czech isn't one of your languages, then it takes much longer to learn. I still don't know half the functions on it. That's why I suggest WRP. ;)