Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Patch 1.85 released  (Read 3199 times)

erfworm

Re:Patch 1.85 released
« Reply #15 on: 15 Oct 2002, 00:53:47 »
Yeah its true tanks can stop VERY fast. My dad worked on the Abrams project and got to drive the sucker. He told me everything about it I just wish I could get the clearance to drive that baby! ;D lol

rogue390

« Reply #16 on: 15 Oct 2002, 03:37:57 »
whats (ADDON KOLO requires version 1.85 )this keeps poping up when I try to play with new patch ANYBODY know where I can find this addon PLEASE!!!! :-\ :'( ??? :-[ :o

ZIKAN

« Reply #17 on: 15 Oct 2002, 04:23:48 »
Is it me or is the sniper rifle wrong? the bolt action appears to be on the left hand side not the right. Is this how its supposed to be?  :P
I think the SW is ok, but they could of made an effort with the textures with everything else :-\

Kaliyuga

« Reply #18 on: 15 Oct 2002, 09:09:10 »
 Hmm... couple of things to say about the patch..... the S&W is definately cool... ;D

@rogue390:  near as I can tell from opening the pbo file Kolo.pbo is the bicycle.. should have came with your patch... try and install it again would be my suggestion.

And about that bicycle, you just gotta use the setvelocity command  :o   And you got yerself one hell of a rocketbike ;D  

Overall... I think the tanks are a huge improvement also, something that was definately needed  

rogue390

« Reply #19 on: 15 Oct 2002, 10:04:58 »
Thanks already did it and  it worked!!! But have another problem my cursor is in the game beside the arrow very confusing Help !!! ??? :( :-\ :'(

ofpeditor

« Reply #20 on: 16 Oct 2002, 09:48:11 »
rogue390
when you open up the game, at the main screen (or even throughout the game for that matter), just Alt+Tab to your desktop once, then click back to the game. It gets rid of the cursor being in there.

cheers mate
ofpeditor

Baphomet

« Reply #21 on: 16 Oct 2002, 19:30:24 »
I think the worst news about the patch was released on ofp zone from the flashpoint 1985 forum.

Many users reported two serious multiplayer problems with 1.85 patch:

- signifificantly increased lag
- mission list not visible after #mission

We investigate both problems and we hope we will have fix available soon.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.

--------------
Ondrej Spanel, BIS Lead Programmer

I've found this really disconcerting since I haven't played OFP with the 1.85 patch yet. I personally don't think slight improvements in other areas of the game, or mere addons compensate for a bad multiplayer experience. Personally I'm uninstalling ofp and I'm sticking with 1.75 until they've fixed the problem, if at all. I don't play over large public servers or use utilities such as gamespy to find multiplayer games. Just with my friends. So I think I can get away with it. However I feel bad for the poor bastards that rely on those large public servers for their multiplayer fix.
« Last Edit: 16 Oct 2002, 19:35:21 by Baphomet »

UK_SKA_RULES

« Reply #22 on: 16 Oct 2002, 19:46:00 »
doess anyone else have any problems with some custom weapons..  The taiwan USMG pack, the sound cuts off when you fire the weapons, and frandsens recon marines weapons cut off too

Offline RT-SuperTron

• Members
  • Prey...you will be
« Reply #23 on: 17 Oct 2002, 00:35:30 »
 :) Well I knew that they could brake fast but I have never close enough on a driving tank to actually witness there ability to move around in terrain. I was just wondering if BIS had overdone them selfes, since this was remarkable change.

pretty much full stop and it nearly bangs its nose on the ground from the force

I remember that one from recordings. Maybe that is what is missing to make them look a little bit more trust worthy. If BIS would implement that in the nxt patch so that the tank would be a little bit more "alive" on start and stop.

Thnx for the info.

[RT]SuperTron
+- PAIN IS YOUR FRIEND, IT WILL REMIND YOU THAT YOU ARE ALIVE -+

STFChard

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2003, 02:52:53 »
ever figure out the problem?