Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: simulating the weight of a gun  (Read 799 times)

Offline twisted

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
simulating the weight of a gun
« on: 13 Sep 2005, 10:02:18 »
is there a setting for a weapon that reflects its weight? so that an mp5 is brought on target faster  than an m16 which in turn is easier to maneouver than an m240?

is it "multiplier=XX" ?.

is there a way to use the real world values of each gun accuratley or is it a trial and error process? which will then limit the creation of this aspect of gun modding to those with a working knowledge of  firing real guns.

Kyle Sarnik

Re:simulating the weight of a gun
« Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2005, 20:52:42 »
No, guns don't have weight, they are incapable of having wait because they aren't vehicles or ammo. But you can change the accuracy and recoil, which I believe is what you are looking for.

Offline twisted

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2005, 05:34:47 »
cool. thanks for the reply.

just so i understand ... by accuracy you mean the dispersion setting right?

and for recoil that's the recoil settings (fdf got them damn nice).

unfortunately thats not what i am after. but it seems to an engine limitation that hopefully will be upgraded in ArmA.

cause a mp5 should be able to move around faster than an m60. which would be a great way to simulate the gun's inertia and make choose the right gun for the situation more compelling.

thanks for the reply again... :)

edit - i think i've found a solution.

see first post on page in this thread.

>>http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=62a70f351ec6b9db5a647053e276d20e;act=ST;f=4;t=38586;st=90

You might also consider using the "dexterity=" command in each individual weapon's configuration. This command influences how "heavy" or "sluggish" the weapon feels in game. The lower the value, the more time it takes to traverse the weapon left or right.

The values are 0 to 1.

i.e. dexterity=0.87; for an AK-47,
dexterity=0.85; for an M-16A2,
dexterity=0.35; for the SAW.

The AK being the fastest to swing around, with the M-16 very close behind, and then the SAW being fairly sluggish in comparison.

by an andrew b

:)
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2005, 07:00:22 by twisted »

Kyle Sarnik

« Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2005, 21:11:34 »
cool. thanks for the reply.

just so i understand ... by accuracy you mean the dispersion setting right?

and for recoil that's the recoil settings (fdf got them d**n nice).

unfortunately thats not what i am after. but it seems to an engine limitation that hopefully will be upgraded in ArmA.

cause a mp5 should be able to move around faster than an m60. which would be a great way to simulate the gun's inertia and make choose the right gun for the situation more compelling.

thanks for the reply again... :)

edit - i think i've found a solution.

see first post on page in this thread.

>>http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=62a70f351ec6b9db5a647053e276d20e;act=ST;f=4;t=38586;st=90by an andrew b

:)

I tried using that line before, but It didn't appear to work (and if it did I didn't notice it). But if it works for you then cheers  :)