Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: LOD Properties  (Read 1650 times)

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
LOD Properties
« on: 03 Jul 2005, 15:38:04 »
hi folks,
when unpacking some BIS models with OdEx i encountered some Lod Properties i've never heard of before.
dunno if this has been already cleared before or not, at least i haven't  found anything neither in this board nor in the editors depot.
ok...  i made a list of everything i found but i'm still unsure about some, so please help me to identify them. what struck me is 1. that most of my own models work without most of those Lod properties 2. they are not cosistent. some houses have two properties in their View geometry, others don't. that might be due to the fact that BIS simply copied entire model sections from the geometry lod. so lod properties in the view geometry lod might be completely useless however i list them below too.

values in parantheses mean that i'm not sure about them and assume that this is the default value if the property is not used.

Resolution LODs:
LodNoShadow (0) - 1
lodneeded (0) - 2 sometimes occurs in medium res lods of vehicles
class: road - ...? <- there seems to be no other in the res. lods- the class property apparently may be used in the lowest res. lod if there's no geo lod.

autocenter: 0 - 1

for flags:
xsize: decimal number
ysize: decimal number
xcount: integer
ycount: integer

Geometry LOD:
Class: house - vehicle - forest
dammage: building - tree - no - tent - bunker
map: building - hide - house - fence - viewtower - hospital - rock - tree - small tree - bush - fountain - cross - forest square (also applies to forest triangles ;))
canocclude: 0 - (1) <- i have no clue what that means... turns up only for vehicles

edit: just found 'house: no' for some fence section in RES models ???
edit2: 'dammage: tent' for the RES hangar ??? (does OdEx mess the lod properties up in the end?)

ViewGeometry LOD:
class: house - vehicle
map: hide - building
dammage: no - bunker - building
canocclude: 0 - (1)

//edit3: 'canocclude' seems to manage if the AI can watch through an object or not. strangely all bushy things have this named property set to 0  (=false) which means that AI can look through all bushes. from my ofp playing experience this is obviously not the case... so i'm really confused here. shall i set all my bushes, grassforests, trees, etc to canocclude = 0 or not ???
« Last Edit: 03 Jul 2005, 18:02:11 by remcen »
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

UNN

Re:LOD Properties
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jul 2005, 19:19:09 »
Hi,

I'm sure this will be of interest to you http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=88bc1e71d11b667d92a13bd8a8e21911;act=ST;f=50;t=29604

edit: just found 'house: no' for some fence section in RES models

Thats for no damage to the object when it destroyed.

From CfgVehicles:

Code: [Select]
// destruction types
enum
{
   DestructNo,
   DestructBuilding,
   DestructEngine,
   DestructTree,
   DestructTent,
   DestructMan,
   DestructDefault,
};

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jul 2005, 19:36:03 »
thanks UNN - how could i ever overlook that topic :P
anyway... 'dammage: no' and 'house: no' seems to be different

UNN

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jul 2005, 10:30:36 »
Lol..Yeah, I see what you mean :-[

does OdEx mess the lod properties up in the end?

Sounds most likley, it would be odd to have a value and a property that share the same name  ???

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2005, 10:35:59 »
OdEx indeed does screw up the named properties, but AFAIK it doesn't add any. You just need to go through them all and first remove the named properties, and then add them back again yourself. Then the models should behave ok ingame.

Arne

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jul 2005, 16:01:43 »
I looked into the Nogova bridge with OdEx and it gave me a named property "map = road". Then I put this one into the GeoLOD of my bridges and binarized them.
Strangely binarize told me "Unknown map type road".  :-\

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: 28 Jul 2005, 23:51:43 »
hmmm.... are you sure you have a memory lod with the appropriate points of a straight road (LB, LE, PB, PE)?
did you give the bridge both properties, 'class: road' and 'map: road' ? maybe that's important, too  :-\
« Last Edit: 01 Aug 2005, 22:31:33 by remcen »

Arne

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2005, 11:36:23 »
To the best of my knowledge these point just draw the lines on the map indicating some type of street. They aren't important for the functionality of the bridge (AI crossing it).
But, yes I set up memory lod with these vertexes.

did you gave the bridge both properties, 'class: road' and 'map: road' ? maybe that's important, too  :-\
Yes, I set both named properties and binarize gave me that error. Now I killed all "map = road" properties and binarize keeps its mouth shut.
But to be honest: I don't trust binarize anymore. I have another static object with just one component in the GeoLOD. It consists of eight vertexes. I marked them all and let O2 make a konvex component from these. Looks fine, but binarize tells me something of "strange component"  ???

Edit: I binarized my bridge sections and loaded them into OdEx. Guess what: OdEx added a "map = road" property that I deleted in O2. So, for me it is obvious that OdEx cannot be trusted when it comes to named properties.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2005, 00:53:12 by Arne »