Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Wilbur Text Mesh  (Read 1224 times)

bdrewes

Wilbur Text Mesh
« on: 04 Apr 2005, 23:22:18 »
I am trying to start work on an island by the Terragen + Wilbur + WrpEdit or Wilbur + WrpEdit methods but from what I gather from recent posts, the latest version of Wilbur (1.39) doesn't export the Lon/Lat Text Mesh format correctly. Is this just a formatting issue that could be fixed by reformatting the text mesh file? I don't have any examples of what the text output should look like, but if thats the only problem, I can fix it easy.

I love the Wilbur method for creating terrain and Terragen is great too, does anyone know if or when a formal fix might be developed? Perhaps also I am not thinking of a work around, like exporting in some other WrpEdit compatible format, or going from Wilbur to some-other-program-that-exports-text-mesh to WrpEdit. Any thoughts?  

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Wilbur Text Mesh
« Reply #1 on: 04 Apr 2005, 23:27:12 »
It might be best to go back to an older version of Wilbur, I still use version 1.26.

I don't know of any fix for the problem.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

bdrewes

« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2005, 23:51:50 »
Oh well, there probably was no need to start a new thread on this but I would love to see a real fix. Like the last guy who asked about this, I would like a copy of that 1.26 version if you dont mind bdrewes@rocketmail.com

If I was to compare the Text Mesh files and see something like 'oh, in one version they put each x, y, z entry on a seperate line and in the other version they don't' then a conversion utility would be like too easy.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #3 on: 05 Apr 2005, 00:14:03 »
I can't even compare this version with the new one.

The new one won't even run on my system.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.