Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: GunFlash  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Plane

• Members
  • You can call me my nickname "Plane"!
GunFlash
« on: 23 Mar 2005, 15:13:00 »
Why my handgun flash is always on although I define them to "zasleh"?

Need Help!
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
  • a.k.a. hottentotten_mike
    • IM:UC
Re:GunFlash
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2005, 17:27:43 »
bet you don't have a cfgmodels section in the config.
should be something like this:
Code: [Select]
class CfgModels
{

class default {};
   class Weapon: default {};
   class NameOfYourModel: Weapon {};
};
nameofyourmodel must be the name of the 3d model without the p3d-extension - NEITHER the name of the cfgweapon class NOR the name of the pbo.

this way ofp knows that your model actually is a weapon and so it is treated then ;)
we're looking for members: IM:UC MOD

Jake Trans

« Reply #2 on: 23 Mar 2005, 19:18:34 »
Hi,

I had this problem with some stuff I downloaded, accord to a thread ages ago (Don't know who or what), what to have to put in is:

class CfgModels
{
class Default
{
sections[]={};
sectionsInherit="";
};
class Weapon: Default
{
sections[]={"zasleh"};
};
class (put weapon name here, no parentheses): Weapon{};
};

I have used it and it worked.

Lean Bear

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2005, 12:03:12 »
@ remcen

Unless, of course, the CfgWeapon name is the same as the p3d file w/o the .p3d extension. ;)

Offline Plane

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2005, 12:34:05 »
Thanks guys! ;D

And do anyone knows why my gun model and modelspecial isn't at a same position althougth they are the same in p3d file?
The propeller is just a big fan in front of the plane used to keep the pilot cool. When it stops, you can actually watch the pilot start sweating.

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: 29 Mar 2005, 23:42:23 »
prolly due to different lenghts. look at the heavy AT launcher of BWmod/mmp basic pack: the weapon flips forward when fired, cos it's shorter then. ofp somehow levels weapons apparently.

so my suggestion is: make a model that includes both states, loaded and fired, then save them twice. for the "loaded" model texture all parts belonging to the "fired" weapon with a transparent texure. vice versa for the "fired" model.
selecting vertices in o2 and hitting "hidden vertex" in the vertex properies window might do the job for other models than weapons too, but as this model is a weapon, i'm not sure about it cos ofp apparantly handles weapons different than other models. (edit: just tried it: hiddenvertices work even for weapons :D)

anyway... on the level of vertices and faces both models will be identic, so they won't flip back and forth when interchanged. - but on the "outer appearance" level one is loaded and one is fired.
i haven't tried that yet, but i'm pretty sure it works ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2005, 23:48:43 by remcen »

Offline Plane

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2005, 13:47:54 »
If you can check FDA's Glock 18(Download at OFP CZ), it's modle and modle special are at same position ;)

As you said, then is it possible to make the pistol bolt pulled back when it is dry and the flash in a same modle?

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
« Reply #7 on: 01 Apr 2005, 02:19:22 »
eeeeh, don't know exactly what you mean...
the point is: not the two models have to be at the same positions, but the balance points. so it's essential to make two equal models and texture them differently (or using "hidden vertices" for them)- because as i said: ofp apparantly tries to level weapon models according to their balacne point. so if you switch between two different models, ofp will flip the models forward/backeard  ->depends on  the models ;)

Offline Plane

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:12:10 »
Ok, I've solved it, Thanks!

Offline Plane

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:50:20 »
Another qusetion about my config file.
I have the gun silenced and a normal one, how to define them to one magazine.
Like weaponname: Myhandgun, Myhandgunsil
Magazinename:myhandgunmag

Offline Plane

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2005, 08:51:11 »
Another qusetion about my config file.
I have the gun silenced and a normal one, how to define them to one magazine.
Like weaponname: Myhandgun, Myhandgunsil
Magazinename:myhandgunmag

Offline remcen

• Contributing Member
« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2005, 20:52:42 »
you know that the ballistic values and the sounds are bound to ammo?
do you really want your silenced weapon to fire unsilenced rounds?
anyway, code your ammo and add in the cfgweapons section of your silenced weapon
Code: [Select]
magazines[]={nameofyournormalmagazine};