Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Hello everyone  (Read 438 times)

Arsonist

Hello everyone
« on: 18 Mar 2005, 13:46:42 »
I'm a long time OFP fan but first timer here.

I've been building numerous single player missions usually based on a movie or historical battle but too many times all the fancy stuff is out of my reach as I dont have a clue about scripting.

Im making a vietnam battle atm and i get seriously frustrated as i do not seem to get those planes drop napalm on soldiers. What im asking here is: How on earth can you assing a unit to use specific weapon? In this case F4 phantom and napalm bombs. Does this need a script or am I missing something with the editor? I have tried to search this forum and script depos but in vain. Can anyone help?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Hello everyone
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2005, 14:27:41 »
Have you checked out the command fire?
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline nominesine

• Former Staff
  • I'm NOT back!
    • The IKB Forum
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2005, 14:33:18 »
Getting a unit to use a specific weapon requires scripting, but not very much. You can do it with a few simple commands. Take a look at the comref (in editors depot). Start with the command "fire" as Macguba suggested. Then read snypirs guide "A friendly introduction to script snippets". I think that will be enough to make an F4 (or whatever it was) drop napalm at a specified location.
OFPEC | Intel Depot
RETARDED Ooops... Retired!

Offline Pr0ph3t

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 18 Mar 2005, 15:14:34 »
Sounds cool! I'm a great struggler in the editing scene as well so if you need an extra hand on top of the experts

just msg or e-mail me