Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Texture Conversion (*.gif to *.pac/*paa)  (Read 1267 times)

scooter24

Texture Conversion (*.gif to *.pac/*paa)
« on: 09 Mar 2005, 22:23:55 »
Hey everyone!
I am using the image below to make an addon. Many of you will know it is the SA-80  ;). I need to convert the image so that I can issue the correct points (vertices) to develop my weapon.

In paint, I half the pictures size (via Strech/Skew) and save it as SA80.gif. I enter TexView, load the image and select 'File... Open' and find and open the image. Following this, I click 'File... Save As... "SA80.paa"'.
     When I go into O2 I try to load the texture but nothing is happening. It simply remains on "NULL".
scooter24

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Texture Conversion (*.gif to *.pac/*paa)
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2005, 22:35:48 »
Put the texture in the same folder where you have the model file, Oxygen should find it ok then.

Edit:  I know what the problem is.
Your picture dimensions are not in powers of 2.
try 256 X 128, that should fix it.

Planck
« Last Edit: 09 Mar 2005, 22:55:09 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:19:22 »
I suggest you make an image that is just bigger (Still the 128 or 256 etc), then paste your image onto that one (Copy/paste).. Skewing the image makes it hard to get right in O2 one it's imported..
So if your image is 200pixels long, and 100 tall, make a 256x128 image (You can mix the OFP sizes), and paste your image on to there
That way you can right click the texture in O2 texture mode and use "Correct image aspect ratio" or osmething and it will make it the correct shape :)
- Ben

scooter24

« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2005, 23:54:09 »
Hey everyone!
God bless you Planck and DBR_ONIX! It was a combination of the power ratios and saving the *.paa file with my *.p3d file. My previous 'million' attempts resulted in the file only being worth 1KB which alone looked weird. Still, i've done it now (with the help of you two of course  ;)) and will hopefully finish this addon in no time!
Scooter24.