Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: join/leave/join group...  (Read 425 times)

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
join/leave/join group...
« on: 24 Feb 2005, 12:23:29 »
first off, am i correct in thinking that the join grpnull command makes it impossible for a loon to rejoin any other group afterwards? that seems to be what's happening here...

the scenario:

two civvies chatting, both separate.
one spots a friend in the distance, and the [two civvies] join the friend.
they saunter over to a meeting point, and a car comes to pick up the friend but not the civvies.
at this point the civvies then leave (join grpnull) the friend.

here's where my problem arises.

i now want the first civvy to join the second civvy and the two of them get in a separate transport. i realise they don't need to be joined to accomplish this, but it seems tidier - requires instructions just for the civvy who leads.

once in their car i want them to re-join the friend (who by now is in the car which came to pick him up) and follow him in their own transport.

everything works except the joining of groups after the grpnull command. they just sit there.

i could waypoint all this for the units separately but that's going to be a mess.

any ideas?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:join/leave/join group...
« Reply #1 on: 24 Feb 2005, 12:27:24 »
After grpNull a unit should be able to join another group no problem.  Dunno what's going wrong.

However, I wouldn't make them join for this.   As soon as you join people up they do things like getting into formation, which ruins your scene.   I'd have each one in his own group and script it with doMove commands.    Place GLs where you want them to go, the record the coordinates from the mission.sqm and delete the GLs.      Waypoints are messy for stuff like this.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline bedges

• Administrator
    • OFPEC The Editing Center
Re:join/leave/join group...
« Reply #2 on: 24 Feb 2005, 13:09:52 »
found it. i was making the civvies join/follow the friend, and when he was in cargo apparently this doesn't work. i joined them to the car he was in and presto, it works.

the formation thing isn't a problem - although when the two transports move off it's like watching lemmings with no eyes dancing...

and as i've used an empty marker at their car for them to domove to, GLs are unnecessary in this case. handy hint though, cheers.