Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: using the support script as resistance  (Read 384 times)

Offline pexmo

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
using the support script as resistance
« on: 22 Feb 2005, 20:22:50 »
Anyone know how to use the nice support script by snypir with recistance side?

I get it to work perfectly with the west side but now we use resistance units as players sp we cant call on the halos. I want to be ablr to call the west halos and artillery as res. Or something like it....

Offline sharkyjoe

• Members
  • Have you taken a BMP out at 500 meters??
Re:using the support script as resistance
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2005, 22:23:05 »
I know this sounds like, silly ,but did ya try having the Resistance side friendly to West side under the time and weather pop down screen.

However dont give up on Synpir Script, i've used it before and its Great, flexable, powerful and uses very little time consumed once ya get the Knack.

Remember the 7 Ps??--- Proper Previous Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

Offline Wadmann

• OFPEC Patron
  • I'm the next evolutionary step after a llama!
Re:using the support script as resistance
« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2005, 23:56:06 »
I had the same problem but found it was a typo that caused me grief. See below where I described my problem as it will be your solution if you type it in right!

I have a question about using "resistance" side units/vehicles with the Support Pack. For the record, yes I was able to use Res stuff (example is BAS_GSU25) from the BAS OPFOR addon by grouping a "West" side unit with 0% probability of presence to acheive my goal. But I really wanted to allow Res side units to call their own airstrike/extraction/whatever without adding the West unit to the group and thought it was possible to do so by the init line indicating the side calling the airstrike. I had basically copied and renamed the original arrays in the init_airstrike  (airstrike mission,fighterbase, and airstrikes) but changed the calling side for the airbase from west to Res (I did spell it out  ) and creating the marker but nothing happened. I was able to see the airbase marker and was able to request support but the range circles did not appear and nothing else happened.

Bottom line is it will work, just make sure you are careful when you edit the data. If you are still having problems after making sure that you have no typos, I will see if I can find the mission that I was referring to and post the converted arrays.

You can read my entire post at the bottom of this page.

Wadmann

Check out my Camouflage Collection! New items added 31 July 2005.