Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Error message  (Read 752 times)

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
Error message
« on: 23 Jan 2005, 12:44:00 »
I had a problem last night when I found that resuming from an autosave or a continue generated an error that dumped me into windows.  I neglected to note the error message but it was something about there being no end entry in something.

I thought it might be something to do with the size of the save files, there were about 4.5MBt.  Today I tested again and save files > 5MBt seem to work okay.

Any suggestions?  I don't want to release a mission that is unstable.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
Re:Error message
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jan 2005, 15:58:15 »
I suspect you are running ECP also.

This is a known problem, which is hopefully fixed in the next version ......due out soonish.

One way to get around this problem is to save your autosave.fps and/or continue.fps (or both) + weapons.cfg in another location ......temporarily.

Then restart the mission from scratch.....get killed....Alt Tab out of game replace ......your previously saved files and it should work from there.........till the next day that is, or the next time you start OFP.

It is strange though because some days it works without doing all that and other days it refuses point blank unless you do that.

Planck
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2005, 16:10:45 by Planck »
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 23 Jan 2005, 15:59:44 »
OK I now have more information.  If I retry with an autosave before I leave the mission it is fine.  If I leave the missions and select the Resume option I get an error message and OFP exits to Windows.  The error message is:

Cannot load ....continue.fps.  Error 'No entry' at '/GameState/Variables/Item25/data.value'.

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 23 Jan 2005, 16:00:19 »
Actually I am not using ECP.  I will give that a try though.  Thanks
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2005, 16:01:07 by THobson »

Offline THobson

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 23 Jan 2005, 22:12:32 »
I now have even more information, thanks to the steer Planck gave me.

Save and Autosaves work fine, just so long as I have not come out of OFP, but if I exit OFP, when I come back in I cannot Resume the mission.  I get the error message and it crashes.

But:
If I rename the save, autosave and continue files before going into the mission, once I am in again I press escape, ALT TAB, put the filename back to what they were, and it will all then work.

So I don't need to move the files, just rename them, and I don't need to get killed.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how I can fix it?