Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Making A New GUI  (Read 3427 times)

Lean Bear

Making A New GUI
« on: 30 Oct 2004, 12:09:26 »
Does anyone know how to make a new GUI(?), as in; what sort of components do you need, what do you have to edit etc.

edit

I'm mainly talking about the main screen you see when you start up OFP, but in-game as well (just as important).
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2004, 12:10:37 by Lean Bear »

Re:Making A New GUI
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2004, 12:59:51 »
I changed the contents of "rscScreen.hpp" in the BIN folder of my MOD. The class "RscDisplayMain" contains all the info about the 1st menu page.

I think almost all the other GUIs are defined here but it's been a while since I played around with them.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2004, 13:52:21 »
Yes it's all in the resource.bin.

If you are running ECP you can edit the resource.cpp in the ECP mod folder to change the way the GUI looks.
If you do this be sure to make a backup first, just in case.

I have edited mine so that I can see the dialogs in the editor better......my eyesight isn't what it used to be you know.

Picture below.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2004, 14:21:11 »
I only edited mine to see if I could... I also noticed you can change the way the "Laptop" animates and moves about on screen.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2004, 14:32:24 »
You can even change the green colour to something else on your laptop screen.

I had orange at one time.   ::)

Planck

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2004, 14:45:12 »
I was gonna use Orange/Amber... just like my very first monitor, but green always looks good.

Lean Bear

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2004, 17:22:19 »
Yeah, I was checking out the FDF Mod rescource.cpp earlier (just looking for some random stuff) and I found that you can also change the compass, GPS etc. to whatever you want as well as adding more "objects" that can be animated/ used in one way or another.

Also, I found that there are loads of bars/ meters that aren't shown in-game. Like there is actually a health bar for the player, you just don't see it.

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2004, 18:14:01 »
If my memory serves me well.......I think, in older versions of OFP the players health bar was shown.

But then again, maybe I'm losing my mind.

Planck

Lean Bear

« Reply #8 on: 30 Oct 2004, 18:15:08 »
I wouldn't know, I didn't have any of the old versions of OFP.

Do either of you guys know what Rsc is needed to be edited so that the "splash" that comes up when you start OFP (without "-nosplash" of course) your custom one will come up?

I've looked around, but my eyes grow weary.

Also (kinda off-topic) but how do you make your anim (ie. "intro.IslandNameHere"), appear instead of a random one, or another mod's one?
« Last Edit: 30 Oct 2004, 18:57:57 by Lean Bear »

« Reply #9 on: 30 Oct 2004, 19:24:25 »
When the game starts, it runs <modname>\dta\scripts\startup.sqs automatically.

You can define the screens in the class RscTitles in rscIGUI.hpp

Lean Bear

« Reply #10 on: 30 Oct 2004, 19:30:34 »
Cool, thanks ;)

Is the <modname> just a folder, or what?

« Reply #11 on: 30 Oct 2004, 19:36:03 »
Just a folder... but it should contain,

Operation Flashpoint\<modname>\DTA
Operation Flashpoint\<modname>\DTA\scripts
Operation Flashpoint\<modname>\DTA\anims

Operation Flashpoint\<modname>\Addons
Operation Flashpoint\<modname>\BIN

Call your MOD with flashpoint.exe -mod=<modname>

Lean Bear

« Reply #12 on: 30 Oct 2004, 19:39:39 »
Out of curiosity, how do mods like FDF and WG do theirs? I know there's still the folder, but how do they get their own tiny app. that installs everything and then have a cool logo that runs OFP with that mod, but isn't a shortcut?

« Reply #13 on: 30 Oct 2004, 19:42:33 »
Not sure about that one. I tried using a HEX editor to specify a path to my MOD... it kinda worked, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Lean Bear

« Reply #14 on: 30 Oct 2004, 21:41:29 »
(Again, slightly off-topic) How do you "define" a Rsc? So that when you use a command like TitleRsc ["YourRscName","PLAIN"] it will come up?