Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: recoil vs recoilFixed ?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
recoil vs recoilFixed ?
« on: 11 Aug 2004, 05:14:23 »
Hello All

This is either a very simple query or a "what are you talking about ?" type of question - you decide.  :P

I am just starting off with addon making and am using a number of dePBO'd addons as my guides.  I also have the sample config, the commented config and Tactician's recoil tute so I'm pretty sure that I have everything that I need !

What I need to know is what the difference is between a weapons recoil and recoilFixed settings, if anything.  I understand that the OFP exe works out net recoil based on the weapon's recoil config and the player's stance (eg standing, crouched or prone), so when does the recoilFixed entry come into play - prone, fixed to a vehicle, propped against a nearby object (?), or none of the above ?

I am working on my own version of a 20mm AMR sniper rifle and what I want is for the weapon to have UNBELIEVABLE recoil unless the player is prone.  If the exe is simply going to take the weapons ordinary recoil and reduce it when prone then that won't give me what I want - I want the recoil to VERY high when standing (ie - almost unusable), but reasonably controllable when firing prone.  Is this what the recoilFixed entry does or is there something else ?  Is there such a thing as recoilProne, or can I create such an entry ?

Any help greatfully appreciated . . .

Roni

What I want to do is design

Offline Peter_Bullet

• Members
  • "The evil that men do lives on and on"
Re:recoil vs recoilFixed ?
« Reply #1 on: 11 Aug 2004, 11:21:18 »
Read Config.cpp File Tutorial by Snypir. You can find this at the editors depot. ;)

As far as I know recoilFixed is used when prone... (told in the tutorial above)

I hope this helps!

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:recoil vs recoilFixed ?
« Reply #2 on: 12 Aug 2004, 01:08:56 »
Yep that's it - thanks for that !

I knew it was a simple one, I just couldn't find it anywhere !

Cheers

Roni